Saturday, June 2, 2007

Pirates 3

So, hubby and I had planned to go to that tonight.

But we didn't. It's early afternoon and we saw it this morning.

Our plans got changed by two things:
1. One of his friends is in a cage fight tonight and we wanted to go and support him.
2. Another one of his friends got free tickets to see Pirates this morning at a private showing through his company, so we crashed the company party and went.

This wouldn't be a problem except I am royally PMSing and have been feeling weird anyway. But his wife chose not to go, so that compounded my weirdness and I ended up feeling like a third wheel. Had I known she was going to bail, I would have reconsidered going myself.

I probably would still have gone.

Come on. It's Pirates.

Hubby has known this guy for like 14 or 15 years. He's 29-1/2 right now. Yeah. I felt "new" and in the way part of the time. Neither of them were doing anything mean or weird, just talking about people they both know/knew ... including the evil ex and the friend of hubby's who loved her.

*sigh*

Some days ...

ANYWAY. The movie ROCKED. Flying monkeys, secret plans, betrayals, trust being broken, angry goddesses (which I totally knew who that was), action, drama, dead people not really being dead, psycho LSD dream sequences, Depp/Bloom ... it was good.

We did *not* stay for the closing credits. Hubby indulged me for #2, but hubby's friend wouldn't for #3. so ... yeah. we left.

No comments: