Thursday, June 28, 2007

Butterflies!

"I'm bored. I need entertainment."

This is a familiar refrain this week.

Per her father's counsel, I asked, "If you were in Cali, what would you be doing?"

"I'd be outside playing with my friends."

Oh my gosh, I'd been trying to get her to go outside for at least 10 minutes.

"Well then ... why don't you go outside and play with your sister?"

They did. In fact, they grabbed Munchkin's butterfly catcher which her first-grade teacher gave her, and they proceeded to catch a pretty yellow butterfly (dang it, should've snapped a picture). They brought it in to show me, took it outside, released it, and then caught a monarch and brought it in to show me. On their way out with that one, Small Fry said, "I almost caught a bee, too." aaaaaa. "Well, if you catch one, don't bring it in to show me." "How about a wasp?" accompanied by a smirk.

Man she's a tease.

I'm allergic. Which Munchkin knows, but Small Fry might not.

It's times like this where i just want to say, "Just don't kill your stepmother, please."

Today is going better. They weren't at each other nearly as much yesterday, but I'm sick with a cold (Small Fry's mom txtd me Monday to tell me she had one -- Small Fry and I both started with it on Tuesday) and hubby dropped some news on me Tuesday night, so yesterday was just NOT a good day and it was not the kids' fault. Just how it goes. But I had my brother, Lace, give me a priesthood blessing last night. After I finished having my breakdown last night and slept 8 hours, I woke up feeling a million times better today, hopeful, and like things are really going to be okay.

I love the gospel.

And ... Small Fry told me about a scary dream she had this morning about Satan trying to get her to follow him. She kept saying no and finally beat him up. It was an amazing teaching moment -- I just hope she got something out of our discussion and the scriptures we talked about.

No comments: