Monday, June 11, 2007

Small Fry and the EX

The ex txtd me this morning. No acknowledgement that, once again, we tried to call over the weekend and, once again, no response. Gah. Owell. She thought I was flying out there Friday, but Small Fry is still in school until next Thursday, so that's the day I'm going out there. At least it was mostly positive conversation -- I asked if Small Fry had a suitcase, she said no and would buy one, and I said I'd just bring one with me so she didn't have to worry about it and we'd buy her one before the end of the visit. She was glad about that. After the conversation, I ended up reserving a rental car and a hotel room (single room, two beds hopefully), which we're going to have to get up at dark-thirty to catch our flight back to Utah.

My stomach is in knots now. Nervous about a few things, I suppose. Like, is the ex going to change her mind before we get there? What if I get LOST in Cali??????????Is Small Fry going to hate me when I pick her up? What if her mom has told her I'm an evil person? What if the visit doesn't go well? What if Small Fry has picked up her old habits of stealing and lying which her mother and grandmother encourage her to do?

My whole family is looking forward to meeting her this summer -- I'm just hoping it really happens.

Pardon me while I go puke now. *nerves*

No comments: