Saturday, June 16, 2007

When is a sty in your eye not just a sty?

When it's involving the entire upper eyelid, making it so swollen it does not want to open.

Guess who has blepharitis? (i.e., a staph infection in the eyelid)

That'd be me. wooo.

When I saw the Lasik folks on Wednesday, my eye itched a bit, thought it was just allergies flaring up. Got up Thursday to a sty. Friday, woke up, the entire lid was red and swollen. I called the doc ASAP, 'cuz I knew it needed something.

So, instead of working 10 hours like I'd planned to yesterday, I spent a couple hours at the on-call doc's (whom I kinda like better than my normal doc ... but they're in affiliated offices, so I'm not sure how I feel about changing). He faxed two prescriptions to the pharmacy, which weren't done yet when I got there an hour later, so I waited and waited and waited ... (eyedrops -- I keep forgetting to shake the darn things -- and a Z-Pak). Then CC came over and we rearranged the house -- which I LOVE. Hubby needed some space of his own, so we created a "man zone". I'd post "after" pictures, but I'm embarrassed -- there is laundry everywhere again. oops. (maybe i'll post pictures anyway -- although I should've taken befores, too! crap).

This is the view as you come up the stairs -- not much changed right here except the orientation of the table and a cabinet we moved.




This is the view as you round the corner at the top of the stairs. The cabinet we moved is now on the right and has plants on top of it.



Speaking of plants, CC put them all up where I'll see them more often and, hopefully, quit forgetting to water the poor things. We killed one. (Fortunately, it was not the one little brother and his wife brought back from Hawaii ...) Sadly, I'm not smart enough to know how to re-orient this picture (or the Man Zone) to make them right side up. Apologies.



This is the view from the couch facing the TV and dining area.



AND this is the MAN ZONE. He claimed my recliner and needed somewhere he could game and not feel like he was in the middle of the room.



Before we moved all this, the couch was on the same wall, just running along it (remember the laundry picture???) instead of perpendicular to it. The TV and hubby's computer were flipped, and the dining table stuck out into the room more. There are reasons he is now so happy -- before we did it, he just kept thinking that our house was too small and he was crowded and cramped and squished where he was, and I kept saying, "Honey, just let me do this so you can have space." He was like ... there IS no space in our house! hehehehe. CC took my fledgling idea of moving the living area around and made it really work. She rocks. Hubby is SO happy to have some space he can call his own now, like, ecstatically happy. Our house doesn't feel cramped to him anymore. Messy, yes. Small? Not so much. Made a HUGE difference in his energy ... I'd say aura, but that's not quite right. anyway. The house flows better, his energy feels better, and things are just taking shape now for the arrival of Small Fry next week, family visiting for a while in July, and hopefully a beautiful Polynesian baby in the next 18 months or so. Yay!

Then I took Kidlet to DisGrace's house so she could go camping with Uncle Demented and their two big kids. Toddler Dizzy is too little to go camping, so she and DisGrace stayed home. She made me dinner, too, and sent some home for hubby. awwwww ...

Came home, spent a couple hours with hubby, and then tried to work, but my eye was tired. So I went to bed, hoping to get up early today. Not so much. It's going to be another busy day.

*work 10 hours (ha)
*pick up presents for Father's Day (Bleach, epis 1 through 4 or 1 through 8, depending on Wie viel Kostet es, plus some "toys")
*get Kidlet at some point
*date night
*laser procedure (still working on the Brazilian ... which, btw, I love)

So ... yeah. busy busy busy.

2 comments:

steph k said...

it fixed the Chi. That would be the right word. ;)

"The vital force believed in Taoism and other Chinese thought to be inherent in all things. The unimpeded circulation of chi and a balance of its negative and positive forms in the body are held to be essential to good health in traditional Chinese medicine. "

Also extremely important in Feng Shui.

hee hee.

stewbert said...

LOL. chi. yeah, i almost said that to him last night, but he weirds out with certain words.