Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day FIVE of the visit

I need drugs. lotsa drugs.

and chocolate ... ooo, Dove bar in the freezer ... SWEET!!!

and a bubble bath with champagne (i'll even take sparkling juice since, being a good Mormon girl, I don't drink)

and alone time with hubby ... ha.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We've had this routine down pretty well for several months which ensures I get the physical affection and emotional/mental attention I need from hubby. And on Munchkin's really bad days, he knows I need more of a break. With two kids, one of whom is a preteen and doesn't want to mind me or follow certain rules (no eating anything on the white couch, go over to the table!) or complains about much of what I cook (you made that yesterday and it has no flavor), I need more hubby time. But it's not happening because our routines are all adjusting to accommodate said pre-teen and hubby's new body building competition routine.

I miss my husband. And he's HERE.

I miss my kid minding me and being nice to me. She's not used to having to share her space or her stuff.

I miss Small Fry being afraid of me. Or intimidated. Or annoyed. Right now, she's pushing her limits. I guess I used to bug her because she thought I was practically perfect. I yelled at them both yesterday -- KNOCK IT OFF -- because they just kept picking at each other.

Today, I'm worn out from trying to pick back up on Munchkin's 30-minute required reading every day. Small Fry's response was, "I don't read." Tough cookies, she gets to do it too. So she picked up my comic books (man, I love Calvin and Hobbes). No, those don't count. "Your books are all old and dusty and boring." Pick something and read it or I'll pick something for you. *sigh*

Munchkin didn't want to read either, but did, and got into the book. Small Fry kept rolling her eyes and saying, "It's supposed to be summer VACATION. I'm bored."

Tomorrow comes the "if you're bored, you're cleaning" rule. If you don't mind me the first time, you're cleaning.

But at least now I know how hubby felt at the first part of our marriage, where Munchkin was pushing HIS limits and testing to see how much she had to mind him. At least Small Fry goes to bed when I tell her to.

Most of the time, we want her to stay and not go back, but there are times August is really far away ...

And just an FYI, I am a good cook. Small Fry is used to eating bacon and sausage every day -- which isn't okay at my house and I don't buy it. So when I make anything lean, she whines there's no flavor. Because there is no GREASE. Hubby had this problem too. He got over it. She will too.

We're really okay -- I mean, yeah, it's hard. But we're adjusting.
But man. It's a LOT of adjusting.

So there's the update.

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

OOOH, I wish she'd let me suggest books! I am of the opinion that those who "don't read" just haven't read the right stuff!

stewbert said...

Captain Underpants. That was what she said she'd read. *sigh* suggest something; i'm dragging her to the library tomorrow.