Sunday, November 9, 2008

Conversion

I took the kids to church today. Hubby ... is struggling for different reasons than I am. Good thing, right? lol

He has been told by managers who are not his managers that he can't work the hours he is. His manager told him they were fine. Frankly, we need him to work 50 hours a week to make our bills and get out of debt. Last night a different manager stuck his nose in it and hubby's is out of town. Bah. He's doing better on the lithium but hadn't increased his dose yet, so he came home all angry and sad and in pain. Part of the problem is that the ones telling him stuff that is different from his boss and generally treating him like a moron are LDS, and his boss who sicks his neck on the line for hubby all the time isn't. *sigh* So, he didn't come even though he'd wanted to.

But the kids and I made it. I took Mojo into an empty classroom near the chapel during sacrament meeting and nursed him with a blanket on. We could still hear the speakers, who were talking about conversion being a process rather than a one-time thing. He fell asleep within a couple of minutes. I handed him to kiddo, put on my wrap, and we went into the chapel.

After sacrament meeting was over (which we heard part pf the last speaker, the closing hymn, and the prayer), I got a few comments about ME having separation anxiety from the same sisters who told me i was huge throughout the pregnancy. i don't know if he sensed my agitation or what, but he woke up, and I think I managed 5 minutes in Sunday school and Relief Society each with Mr. Grumpy Pants. lol. When I took him to the mother's lounge later, he did his normal thing of screaming at me in there and refused to nurse. i should have found another empty classroom.

It's a darn good thing I had a good Friday night for my testimony or I may have decided never to return. lol

No comments: