Thursday, May 3, 2007

My *real* birthday

So, my birthday is really April 24th. I posted something about it, but I don't think I ever followed up on what else happened ... Yeah, hubby gave me the DVDs early, but he'd planned to all along. Aside from his awesome gift, I did get a few other things.

*My sister bought me lunch at Red Robin, so not only did she buy me lunch, but she spent time with me, too.
*My mom bought me some typing gloves. She'd given one to me to try last year and I like them more than the ones I usually buy, but I couldn't find them around here, so she bought me four more. So excited.
*Mom and dad also sent me a check, with which I bought two new pairs of shoes (thank heaven for BOGO). My church shoes were pinching my feet and my flip flops have given me a callus where the strap rubs in a certain spot, so I needed new ones. In a bigger size. Ack.
*Grandpa usually sends me money, but he's been in the hospital.
*Hubby and I went to dinner at the Olive Garden the saturday following the birthday, and then saw a movie (kickin' it old school -- stoopid, lame, idiotic).

And hubby's boss felt bad that they made him work on my birthday, so they sent me a Walmart gift card, too, and essentially told him that he won't ever get fired. hahahahahaha.

I spent my birthday at home by myself cleaning, eating junk food, and watching many episodes of ALIAS. As I posted earlier, the house is still fairly clean, which is awesome since I *think* we're showing it tomorrow.

Man. I am not feeling all that hot so may be repeating myself.

So, today, I got a phone call from hubby. He fell down a flight of stairs at work and landed on a metal cart. Sprained his ankle, has some other bumps and bruises, but he's home in bed with his ankle on ice and being elevated. So far, he's being a good patient, but I don't expect that to last the day. He's home from work the rest of the week. This accident was classified as a "near miss" since they didn't have to take him to the hospital, or he probably would really have been fired. Oops. poor hubby.

4 comments:

steph k said...

yay for birthdayness!

unfortunately I don't have anything for you except the perfect gift of my company. hee hee hee

stewbert said...

hehehe ... that's good enough for me!

ADDollhouse said...

And I will give you the belated gift of my non-company and just this note!

MAZEL TOFF!

ADDollhouse said...

Mazel Tov. I really need to learn to spell Yiddish.


And English.