Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

So ... I checked our bank account today and found that a significant amount of money was missing from our account. We've been budgeting pretty tightly, trying to pay off debt, trying to get things taken care of, and because we haven't had church yet this month, tithing hasn't been paid and I've spent money out of the other account (since it has checks) planning on replacing the money from the account missing money into that account to pay bills. I noted that there is still money for tithing and the bills and stuff, so not to panic. Right. HA. Panic ensued. what did he spend that much money on? Why? Did he buy himself a video card after telling me that's what he wants for his birthday? (which he'll be getting for Father's Day instead since it's way much sooner). Yeah. No. And when I thought about it (after asking him if he'd bought something for himself), I realized he'd spent the money on ME for my birthday next week but couldn't figure out what on earth he bought for me at a music/computer store but computer parts for the computer his brother is building for me.

No. Not computer parts. Not an MP3 player. Not anything he wanted or could "borrow".

He bought me the Alias series on DVD -- it's my all-time favorite TV show and ever since it ended, I've wanted the collection but refused to spend the money on myself. I guess I talked about it enough he decided it was important to me and said, "I got a bonus this check, I'm not going to worry about the money, I'm just going to buy it." awwwwwww ... Completely and totally took me by surprise. :) What a sweetie. :) I sure love him. Man. I'm lucky.

2 comments:

steph k said...

still.. all I have to say is tee hee hee

stewbert said...

hahahahaha ... i know. i'm a dork.