Monday, May 7, 2007

friends are good

i'm glad i have friends. good ones. friday i was so nauseated and stuff and had gone to the doctor ... cupcake and cc came down and we had lunch and then went to kip's.

today, i was ... fragile. talked to my friend L whose husband S is my home teacher this morning -- it's good to have friends in the ward. started feeling better. so i called cc. and we went shopping. i got a pair of capris ("those shorts look cute on you, honey" -- said my sweet husband, while eyeing my rear) and two T-shirts. then we went to two shoe stores (tried on a million pairs and didn't buy any) and then had lunch at fazoli's and then ice cream and then went to a decor store (tai pan/pai trading, cc??). i didn't buy anything there -- didn't see a point in further decorating a house i'm about to sell. anyway.

got home, picked up kiddo, went and picked up my avon order (yay for bubble bath and lip gloss and thick moisturizers for my dry elbows and feet), picked up the check from the refi, picked up dinner, got home, hubby said, "hey, let's go see a movie!" so we ate fast and drove fast over to TGP (btw, kip, we wanna take the girls to the dinosaur museum this summer; think you can hook us up? ;)) to watch Meet the Robinsons. LOVED it. came home and now i'm tired and need to go to bed. we tried to call Small Fry but got a text saying to call back after 7 their time -- which is when Kidlet has to go to bed (8 here) and hubby is usually sleeping, and his ex knows this. Gah. Psycho is back, methinks.

anyway. friends help ya get through crap you normally wouldn't/couldn't. so thanks.

2 comments:

steph k said...

YAY! I'm glad we got to play and I'm so glad that you had a good rest of the day. And those capris really DO make your rear look good and hooray for long shirts!!

And yeah, Tai Pan Trading... where I went again today (in Layton) and now my patio is cute...

and I'm crushing at the moment.

stewbert said...

hehehe. :) thanks.

and I read that you were crushing in your email ... hehehehehehehe.