Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This morning was good. Then I got up.

Have you ever felt like the guy Jamie Lee Curtis shrinks in Freaky Friday? yeah ...

Okay, so seriously. Today could totally have been worse. But it could've been better too. ;) Sunday at church some kid told Munchkin that Utah is way overdue for a big earthquake. she hasn't slept well since. Punk. Him. Not her. I was talking to his mom, my friend, at the time or I probably would've intervened.

Mother's Day was good but hard, and hubby surprised me with a cute basket full of cookie making stuff and a cookie cookbook. My cynical side said 1. He wants me to make him cookies and 2. Everyone's been giving me cookbooks lately, wonder if they're trying to tell me something. THEN sanity reigned and I realized he knows I love to cook and love trying new recipes and we watch the food network and I have even talked about taking some cooking classes. I promptly made some cookies with one of the recipes ... sort of ... because I don't always follow recipes exactly ... and took them over to his mom.

Talked with my mom (yay for moms!) and while I was on the phone with her I got a phone call from an old guy friend my husband despises and to whom I haven't spoken since we got engaged, since I sent everyone a generic "I'm getting married" email and said friend got offended. I didn't know who it was, though, so I didn't answer the phone ... and got the feeling he wanted to do more than say "hi" when I got the message. Now, since we haven't spoken in so long and one of our last conversations was entirely inappropriate (about his sex life with his wife! not sure if they're still married or what though), I will not return the call. Call me harsh, call me names, call me whatever you want for it, but I figured it's always better to keep MY man happy than deal with someone else's crap. (note: my hubby never asked me not to talk to him; it was something i volunteered to do -- he has no problems with any of my other friends, including the guys, so no biggie on this one.)

Today has just been hard for work -- yesterday I helped my sister with her toddler while she underwent a LEEP. I love my niece, but it's hard for me to hold babies and toddlers ... not because I want one of my own (oddly, only brown babies make me cry. my niece isn't brown), but because it wears me out. One of the reasons we are selling the house and moving to an apartment -- can't afford this place if both of us aren't working full time, and I won't be able to while I'm pregnant or afterwards. anyway. Love my niece, loved taking care of her, but she slept in my arms for quite a while and my right arm is quite painful today. Might have to find some of my drugs from after my surgery (not kidding).

But my order from old navy (clothes and a new bathing suit) showed up today. My order from overstock (exercise videos and books) should get here tomorrow. And my order from my favorite adult website (duh) should be here Thursday or Friday, just in time for our weekend getaway to Park City this weekend. SO excited.

AND my friend I've been walking with came by tonight to see if I wanted to go, since I hadn't gotten out yet today. That helped lots.

Small Fry called! She's really excited to come next month, so I'm hoping all that goes as planned. Gotta talk to her mom and find out what day she'll let me take her. Woohoo!

There is something funky smelling in my office. Guess I'm cleaning it tomorrow.

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

I don't know what leep is, but I DEFINITELY relate to the title! HA! NAn you are not HARSH, I am sorry but he (SS guy, not Hubby) is WEIRD.

stewbert said...

lol. extremely weird. lol

New post for the other stuff!