Monday, May 21, 2007

Sleeping pills

I haven't been sleeping well lately. Not at all. Probably for weeks. So, hubby got some herbal meds a couple weeks ago that just knocked him out (he says he hates them and isn't going to take them anymore).

I dunno what it was, but we had a fabulous weekend away, even though hubby got really sick, and as soon as we got home, things were just ... back to "normal" again. I was hoping for more togetherness, but not so much.

So last night, I couldn't sleep (we'd had a tiff), so I popped one of his pills and flopped on the floor (he was in the bed). And as I tried to fall asleep, the tiff continued, and then I told him, "I took sleeping pills." I think he thought I took a bunch, so I tried to say, "only one." anyway. my brain was foggy 'cuz I was supposed to be asleep, and details of the ensuing TWO HOURS of "discussions" are not all that clear, but I do remember him asking me to get in bed instead of sleeping on the floor, telling me I was slurring my words, and something came up about me being stoned. Eventually, we did hold hands and make up, and then he passed out, and eventually I did, too.

He did say this morning that if I wanted to try it again another night to just let him know so that he wouldn't keep me awake half the night with an argument. Derf.

I picked a bad morning to give up caffeine, though, since I'm still very tired. Grrrr.

2 comments:

steph k said...

drugs are bad!!

but maybe now you know why he doesn't want to take them. hee hee

stewbert said...

lol. maybe. :P