Monday, May 21, 2007

THE WEEKEND

Went away with hubby over the weekend. I did NOT eat that great, but did get some walking in.

FRIDAY:
Had a burrito for breakfast, didn't finish the tortilla but did take the meat out of the bottom part and ate it. I had some "samples" at Costco (which was my walk for Friday) with DisGrace, and then we went to lunch at Arctic Circle, where I had a grilled chix salad and one waffle fry. I don't think I ate again until the sushi restaurant that night, where hubby and I went before we went to Park City for our weekend away. I have never enjoyed sushi, but I *heart* the Happy Sumo's sushi. I had a surf and turf roll, we had the sampler appetizer, and hubby had something spicy which I didn't touch (heartburn, doncha know).

The rest of the weekend ... well ... I didn't eat that great, snacked a lot, but mostly just hung out in the hotel with hubby. We did go for a walk Saturday afternoon up the hill outside of the hotel and back down again, and I bounced around in front of the TV first thing in the morning for about 7 or 8 minutes to one of my CDs, AND we hit the hotel's gym and I checked out the elliptical for a few minutes and the recumbent bike, too. Sunday, we stopped at a state park and walked down the sidewalk a ways, just enjoying the view of the lake and each other.

We burned a few calories in other ways, too. *ahem*

Last night, we had a "tiff," and I wanted to go for a walk, but there were too many people out in the neighborhood and I didn't wanna talk to anyone so I went for a drive instead.

This morning, I got up for work and got very tired (sleeping pills ... gah) so I went back to bed. Hubby made me an egg-white breakfast burrito and brought it to me in bed with a huge glass of orange juice. I woke up pretty well, and then he and I took kiddo to the bus stop and went for a walk -- at his suggestion, for which I'm grateful. He knows how important this is to me and he's doing his best to be helpful and not hurtful in any way. Even if we had a tiff last night. hehehe.

My plan for lunch is a broccoli salad or something we have kicking around in the fridge OR a lean cuisine meal. just something simple. dunno what to do for dinner yet.

No comments: