Thursday, May 17, 2007

SMALL VICTORIES (some of this post is copied from losing it, but some is not)

Even if it was semi stoopid.

I was having a bad night last night. Instead of doing any of many negative things I've struggled with in the past when I'm stressed and emotional, including the binging-purging thing I did in high school or just binging, I put on my walking shoes and left the house.

The bad thing is, it was midnight and I ended up on a creepy stretch of road.

Thank heaven for CC and the Boy. Called her up as I was leaving the house and she came and got me so I didn't have to walk back down the creepy road.

BUT I did something GOOD and walked (I think) two miles instead of doing something BAD for me. Yay.

Later in the afternoon, I had another small victory. Thought about having a Klondike bar for lunch, but I had a Lean Cuisine meal instead. I even had the Klondike sitting on my desk! but I put it back in the freezer. yay.

And tonight, my walking partner wasn't sure she could go, so I grabbed kidlet and hit the pavement anyway. We only went around the neighborhood once (it's about 3/4 mile) because I was still tired from my midnight adventures, but I WENT. I followed through on the commitment I made to myself.

In the last 11 days, I've missed 3 days of walking (Thursday, Saturday, and Monday). But that means I've walked 8 days. Looking at my sticker chart, there is no other time this year that I've done that.

Hubby and I are going away this weekend (Friday night through Sunday morning), and I fully intend to use the treadmill Saturday, walking before we leave Friday and I'm going to take Sunday off (which is recommended by several leading exercise gurus -- giving yourself one day of rest every week, and indulge in a treat then, too). Food will probably be out the window until Monday, though. Owell. I do need to work on the Pepsi thing. It's bad for me.

FOOD yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 mini bagel, 1 egg, 1 slice ham, 1 Tbs cheese
Lunch: Grilled pork chop w/ 1 Tbs sbr's bbq sauce, 1 c ww pasta with sundried tomato pesto, and a huge salad
Dinner: Lean cuisine french bread pizza
Snacks: ugh. i think two klondikes and two cans of pepsi. not sure how many, didn't write it down

FOOD today:

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 2 slices lf ham, 2 Tbs grated cheese, 1 Tbs salsa, all wrapped up in a burrito (white flour wrap; working on that)
Snack: 1-1/2 cups lf microwave popcorn
Lunch: Lean cuisine teriyaki chicken
Dinner: 8 oz cherry yogurt and two bites of lasagne (yes, really)
SODA: Two cans of Pepsi
(much happier with this day)

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

glad to see you back. is that DIET Pepsi?

otherwise, your diet these days looks similar to mine. except yogurt is high in carbs, too. bleagh.

stewbert said...

No, can't do diet Pepsi. All artificial sweeteners trigger migraines in me. So, I'm working on it.

Yeah, I know yogurt is high in carbs ... just ... for a few weeks there, lemon yogurt was the only thing I could keep down and I still have a few kicking around. I'm trying to get through them. I do put them in smoothies with fruit and protein powder, too, but like DisGrace pointed out, probably ought to eat some cheese or something, too.