Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It's a MIRACLE!

So, last Monday I celebrated my birthday with DisGrace. Tuesday was my actual birthday and since hubby's boss wouldn't let him have the day off but my boss did, I spent the day home alone, watching Alias, eating junk food (CPK pizza), and cleaning my house. It was good -- a pretty relaxing day, even though I cleaned for 4 or 5 hours. Hubby came home astounded so much had been done and on his 5-day weekend last weekend, he actually helped clean MORE instead of making more messes.

Guess what? It's still clean. I did some major bathroom work a couple weeks ago and now just run through the bathrooms with Clorox wipes and scrub the potty, shine the mirrors, and they're done. I'll do major work in them again later this month.

Not only is the main part of the house clean, but while kidlet was having her meltdown Sunday night, hubby made her clean her room AND her closet.

It's still clean, too.

We had surprise visitors last night and, while we had to move the clean laundry off the couch and kiddo had to pick up her stuff of the floor, I felt comfortable that the house was in pretty good shape. Not perfect, but decent. And I knew that some of our guests were going in her room and wasn't embarrassed in the least ... except for the state of the kitchen yesterday, but when you feel like you're going to puke if you even LOOK at dirty dishes, well, I'm not doing them. I did change the dishwasher and ran it this morning during a 10-minute period before I got nauseated.

So, just wandering through the house today (I'm trying to work but really spacey and don't feel great, but hey, mint gum is helping curb the nausea, so maybe i can save a few calories chewing that instead of eating 5 or 6 starlight mints every day), I'm just happy the house is pretty clean. And it's been a week. And while hubby was having his own crisis last night (about the surprise visitors; he hates when people just drop by), we also got the laundry put away. So Yay! Clean house! It's not perfect and needs a bit more help before I show it to anyone, but at least I am not freaking out anymore about the Pilot (Pile-it) Program we had going on. Pile-it here, Pile-it there, Pile-it in the closets ...

4 comments:

steph k said...

what happen with the kiddo? yay for clean! I need to clean... again... already...

stewbert said...

Um ... she wouldn't eat her SALMON. It wasn't shrimp, for Pete's sakes, which makes her barf every time she eats it unless it's shrimp poppers. it was fish, which she's eaten before without a problem.

this may not seem like a big deal, but she used to make herself throw up if I gave her anything protein wise just because she didn't like the texture. I've been working with her on it for YEARS. Hubby ... if that had been HIM, he would have been beaten for it. He's never threatened to beat her for it, just reminds me sometimes how crappy his childhood was. So we decided if she's not going to eat whatever protein we give her (except shrimp; we won't give her that again), she can go to bed hungry.

That was what happened. She said no to the salmon, we were supposed to go see my family, she started crying and said no again and tried to say it tastes like shrimp (might I point out she still eats shrimp poppers at school; it's not the taste that gets her, it's the texture, and salmon is nothing like shrimp), so I sent her to her room. She got mad, and started trying to manipulate me, so I told her we weren't going to the family thing. Hubby then asked me to let him deal with it since every time I talked to her she just got louder and madder (trying to manipulate me into letting her out of her room). I hid in my room and he dealt with it by telling her to clean her room. Which she did.

steph k said...

oooohhhhh...

yeah... um... in her defense... I think I ate salmon a little bit when I was younger... but now... just the SMELL makes me want to throw up.

just playing devil's advocate. ;) Salmon is a hard fish to eat... hee hee.

But I'm glad that he dealt with it... yay!

stewbert said...

LOL. Shrimp made me BARF when I was pregnant with her. So did some fish sandwich someone was eating one day. Just the smell of it. She's never liked shrimp ... so ... yeah. anyway.

My parents were too poor to buy salmon when we were kids. But I like it now!!! *snort*