Friday, May 11, 2007

I'M NOT YOUR MAID!!!!

How many times have I wanted to yell that at my child? I've never done it.

So this morning, we're cleaning her room so the new bunk bed can be delivered, and I told her she needed to vacuum. Guess who yelled the above statement? That's right. NOT me.

After taking a time out for myself so I didn't yell back, I explained to her that I'm the one who does her laundry and scrubs her toilet (to which she said, EWWW!). She has chores to do, and cleaning her room is on that list.

Then I told her it was a good thing her dad hadn't heard her sass me like that. She agreed.

I did eventually yell though. Something about her continuing to play among the old bed parts (which isn't safe, but she wouldn't listen). Fine. Drop a bed frame on yourself. I won't feel sorry for you.

Anyway. The "I'm not your maid" statement came from a TV show in which a child actually was having to be the maid for his mom and twin brother. They both had the flu; he was doing all the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. I don't think cleaning your own room with the help of your mother qualifies you as a maid. Grrrrr.

And off I go to work. Until my next interruption, which hopefully will either be taking her to school (yay!) or the delivery guys (yay!).

*Edit*

I just realized it's been forever since I've done a Friday Fave Five. The above is sort of the opposite of that.

So ...

1. I am grateful for my sweet husband -- who, after waking me up the other night while playing WoW with his brother on line, turned off his computer and took me back to bed and held me while I fell back asleep, and he fell asleep, too. He also went to therapy this week and is taking the supplements we all talked about, including some herbal formulas for mood stabilization. And he agreed to try a prescription medication if the herbals don't work. (if you don't know my husband and the culture and his parents' involvement, you don't know how much progress this is). I also went shopping for clothes the other day and didn't tell him first (we usually talk things over before we spend more than a couple dollars on ourselves), and he said, "Go buy more clothes! You need a swimsuit that you like." when I told him how much plus-size suits run, he said it was worth it if I liked it and felt good in it. What a guy.

2. I am grateful for my kidlet -- even on days like today.

3. I am grateful for the Small Fry -- and the fact that we can call her and send her letters again.

4. I am grateful Small Fry's mother -- and whatever has possessed her of late to try and let us have a relationship with Small Fry. She and my husband are both bipolar and things are so much better now that they've agreed to not talk to each other. Honestly, I have no idea how they got along long enough to make a baby in the first place. Since it's just me dealing with her, things are so good. So I'm grateful for her for trying to be friendly with me, even though some of her "Good morning!" texts can be interesting. (like yesterday. "Good morning, hope you woke up on the wrong side of the coffin!").

5. I am grateful for my friends and family and co-workers. They've kept me sane this past week while dealing with everything that's been going on.

*sob* I feel much less grumpy now.

No comments: