Friday, May 4, 2007

Update from the Dr.

My urine pregnancy test at their office was negative. At first, he suggested I wait a few more days, see if my period comes, and if not try again. I asked him to draw a quantitative beta hCG (the blood test). He agreed. He's also running a thyroid panel from the same draw. If I don't have my period and the hCG test comes back negative, they've asked me to come in again for another UA, which the nurse forgot to do before dumping my "sample," and I'm just an emotional mess so I didn't feel like staying for a few more minutes and giving another one. (by the time I got home i had to pee again).

He did give me an Rx for an antinausea medication so I can function. Hallelujah. I'm going to get it filled before/during/after the lunch thing with CC and cupcake. Wheeeee. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thing of a million things I should have asked or said AFTER I leave the Dr. office. Sometimes when the news you get isn't what you expected or wanted you just have to shut down for a while and then go back.

stewbert said...

That's true. :) When I was expecting my daughter, I started writing down the questions I had during the weeks between appointments. The trick was remembering to take the paper with me. ;)

ADDollhouse said...

I think, really, YOU would know more than the doctor on that. First of all, you already had a kid so you know that kind of stuff. Second of all, if there was a PERSON somewhere inside of me, well, I think I'd be the first to know. But, what do I know anyway. Thanks so much for visiting me today.

stewbert said...

hehehe. yw. :) and thanks.