Thursday, December 4, 2008

9:09

I woke up this morning to kiddo getting on the bed and saying, "Hi."

"Um, hi. what time is it?"

she looked at the clock. "It's 9:09."

"Crap, why didn't you wake me up before? Go get your stuff."

"Daddy just sent me in to wake you up."

"okay. I'm up. Go on."

I looked over at the clock. It was 9:10 on hubby's clock, which is set 15 minutes faster than the rest of the house because that way he gets to work on time. She knows this. I know she knows this. I also know she told me that time on purpose, since there is another clock on the wall that shows the correct time. I got dressed, got her in the car and said, "You didn't tell me the truth."

"Well, I knew it would get you out of bed." She said this like I'm the laziest mother in the world.

No. I finished work at 3:15 a.m. Not kidding.

"Honey, you know I'm not just 'sleeping in' right? I stay up late working. and if you and the baby don't cooperate, I still have to stay up and finish my shift. You know that, right?"

"uhhhhhhhhhh ... no. I didn't."

So all this time, she just thinks I'm lazy mama. *snort*

what a kid.

No comments: