Friday, September 28, 2007

Sushi!

Hubby loves sushi, but our fave place is expensive ($60 for two), so I found instructions and recipes on line, bought the stuff, and that's what we had for dinner tonight. It turned out pretty well, although I really do need a bamboo mat to roll them tighter. And probably some actual Japanese rice instead of the sticky rice we have (which is long grain).

For his, I sliced salmon very thinly and soaked in lemon juice for 4 hours. It kills the bacteria and "cooks" the fish. For mine, I made orange teriyaki chicken by slicing the chicken very thinly and marinating it for 4 hours in a mixture of equal parts teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade, then cooked it ... so good. hubby liked that, too. Munchkin doesn't do sushi, which is fine, so I heated up some frozen mac and cheese from stouffer's for her. mwahahaha. She likes it. And I didn't have to fight her on the sushi. So bonus. (I did make her eat some chicken). Add thinly sliced carriot, cucumber, and avocado, and it was yumm-o!

That was probably the best part of the day. I'm not going to get into the rest.

*yawn*

Gotta get to work. *mwah*

2 comments:

steph k said...

I'm not much of a fan of the wrapper... but that orange teriyaki sounds good!

ADDollhouse said...

oooh... I actually like sushi, but have never had it, like HOMEmade.