Thursday, September 20, 2007

Man, I'm still a clutz.

Sunday, we went to hubby's parents' house and I helped cook. I also gave myself two steam burns on my right hand.

Yesterday, pulling the chicken pot pie out of the oven, I discovered my oven mitts had a hole in them. I burned myself again. On my right hand.

Today, I was changing the dishwasher. I picked up a cup that had been inside one of our heavy-bottomed blue glasses, and the glass was sort of ... stuck to the cup, but I didn't have a grip on it. Well, it fell off the cup and landed ON MY BIG TOE on my right foot. I was relieved the glass didn't break. Until the pain set in and I looked down and my nailbed was bleeding profusely. Ow.

I didn't swear. Not once. Any of the times I hurt myself. Go me.

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

I would have swore. I think getting hurt gives you an excuse, though.

stewbert said...

I have a kid who used to tell Kaje that "weird" was a bad word. I try not to swear in front of her anymore. Especially since hubby pointed out I was getting a sailor's mouth for a while ... oy.