Monday, September 17, 2007

Checks and banking woes

I hate when I'm stupid.

Seriously. I'm a genius about some things, but sometimes I am not very bright.

When Small Fry came to visit, the girls were not getting along. So I moved my office into the corner in the master bedroom and gave the office to Small Fry. During the move, I remember picking up my box of checks and thinking, "don't wanna leave those in here." Didn't think further than that. I think I used another book of checks out of it, but I don't know where the box went and haven't given a second thought to it since. So last week, I wrote the last check in the checkbook and went to find checks. Not in the office. Not in my "bill-paying folder." Not in any of the boxes (I've gone through them several times, just haven't unpacked them yet -- another derf! moment).

So I finally remembered to call the bank tonight to order new ones (one of the things I love about WAMU: Free checks). The last check number I wrote? 2650. The next check number on their records for the next order of checkes? 2651. Gah. I'm seriously out of checks. I have been frantically looking for them since I got paid Friday so I can pay my tithing!!! Good thing I can pay all the bills online. RIGHT? I just don't usually. lol.

As far as banks and financial institutions go, I'm annoyed with my credit union. Not going to get into details, but they messed up my checking account at WAMU. GAH. Owell, mom to the rescue. Again.

Hubby's brother turned 32 yesterday. He's single, and while we were there to celebrate, Dad just kept saying things like, "I hope you're married by this time next year." It was so funny. Because it wasn't us -- their theme with us is "have a baby." *sigh* Anyway. Hubby and this brother are pretty close and they play WoW and talk on Skype together. In order for hubby to be able to play, all the friends are trying to keep me happy, and when hubby's brother found out I was playing, he realized we need another computer with enough memory to run it. So for hubby's birthday (which is in November), he's buying us a new computer ... next week. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think we're moving my office back out into the living room when we get the new comp. Hubby isn't sleeping well with me typing in his ears during the day. Munchkin still needs to come in here and get me but can't if daddy is sleeping while I'm in here. The whole thing has just been a mess. Might have to do something else next time Small Fry visits since she will NOT let me work. We think we're getting a KVM switch so we can use work's flat screen for the new computer and just switch it out when I'm not working so the kids can play games, too, and hubby can have his flat screen back, which he's been loaning Munchkin for the old, slow, and stoopid computer since the desk we have for it is tiny. Just trying to figure out how to make it all work so he can play and I can still work. We'll see I guess.

Huh. Guess the recliner is going to live in the bedroom ... which isn't so bad.

2 comments:

steph k said...

haha... that means he and the Boy are practically the exact same age.

anyway... woo for new computers!!

I want a new one.... another one...

stewbert said...

lol. that's funny. Hey, Sam admitted he plays too much videogames ... what we really need is for him to get married and his *wife* to reinforce that, so we can actually spend some face to face time all together, and not just fighting monsters on a videogame while we're in different houses ...