Friday, May 30, 2008

Another TMI Post

Sooooooo ... we just got home from L&D. I started having low back pain like I get before a period and some pelvic pressure, so the doc told me to go to the hospital. We were there 4-1/2 hours on monitors. The baby is fine and I have a bladder infection, which they think is triggering my preterm labor. They gave me a shot of terbutaline, which stopped the contractions (and the heavy feeling I've had for a few weeks in my abdomen/pelvis is gone). And an RX for Macrobid, which we'll be filling first thing in the a.m. (too late tonight to do it). I am only dilated to a 1, and my cervix is high and thick still, so even though the spotting and cramping/contracting are concerning, they're not making much progress.

Still on pelvic rest. Yeah ... great.

Small Fry and/or her mom texted today to say school gets out next Wednesday. WTH? Last week, hubby hung up the phone under the impression that we wouldn't get her even for the summer. Even if we are allowed to go get Small Fry next week, I won't be able to make the trip. My sis and I are thinking my BIL should go with hubby, and Kiddo and I should stay with sis. Hubby hasn't said if he wants to do so yet since he thinks his ex is just jerking us around again. I just tried to call her and she didn't answer, so we'll see.

There's the update. I'm going to eat something and go to bed. Those hospital beds are extremely uncomfortable.

No comments: