Friday, December 18, 2009

*sigh*

The earrings made it.

The quilt did not. It's still in top, batting, and back. Because Little Mister keeps walking on it when I try to work on it. Awesome.

Made it to Target today to finish up some Christmas shopping. I hate leaving it this late, but ... owell. Managed to get a keyboard for the family and some other things on the lists. Including bras for Munchkin, which I told her I wasn't putting in her stocking this year even though she put it on her list because it completely embarrassed her last time. In the car, after we left the store, I started feeling the Christmas spirit a bit ... really for the first time this year.

Then I came home to a complete disaster of a house and read this post, and even though she's awesome and that is super easy, I feel defeated. The house is such a mess I can't even contemplate decorating any further than the baby tree, which has completely burned out lights, and I haven't taken the time to fix it. It just makes me want to cry. *sigh*

Instead, I think I'll go make Munchkin clean some more so we can bake this weekend. She wants treats for her teacher, so she'd darn well better cooperate.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Don't compare yourself to others! Unless it's me, of course. ;)

I'm sure your kids are happy and well cared for. YOu don't need to be Martha Stewart.

treen said...

I'm convinced that people who decorate like that have no life. YOU have a life.

I read home decorating blogs and admire people's homes that are all decked out. But decorations are just not a big part of our Christmas.

Jules AF said...

Shopping this close to Christmas ruins ANY Christmas spirit I may have. The mother is forcing me to go tomorrow. I DON'T WANNA.

musicmom said...

Oh dear friend. I agree with the above. Don't compare!! None of us are Martha stewart. I don't have ANY halloween or thanksgiving decor, and my Christmas decorations consist of trees, and stockings, no other cute stuff. Do what YOU do and be happy with it. No one will judge you. Don't let it ruin your spirits. --OK, off my soap box now. :)
Glad you got a lot of shopping done and now you don't have to worry about that at least. Christmas can happen without all the fluff. You found the spirit, don't let worry run it out.
LOVE YA!