Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Cure for Insomnia

So, my son woke up with a nightmare or something tonight. He does this once or twice a week, wakes up hysterical and clingy, then once he's asleep, he sleeps really well the rest of the night. In my bed, not his own.

Tonight, as I laid there with him while he drifted off, I thought, "I wish I could pop in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and fall asleep, too."

So sad. I love Johnny Depp. I love that movie. Freddie Highmore did an amazing job as Charlie. But every time I put it on for Kiddo to watch with me, I zonk out completely.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that when it first came out, we put an air mattress on the floor in the living room and watched it over and over and over and over. I was working 60-hour weeks at the time, and would fall asleep watching it with her because I was just that tired. So now, it's like Unisom, only without the morning-after headache.

I don't know where I was going with this, but it is what it is. Sorry Johnny. I'll happily watch you play Cap'n Jack Sparrow though. In any of the three movies. They tend to keep me awake ... Orlando Bloom ... Johnny Depp ... ahem.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I've never seen it but I will try it when I can't sleep, next time!