Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yearly Heart Checkup

Well, today I was s'posed to see my cardiologist and have the yearly echo done to make sure the membrane that was in my heart stays gone. I panicked yesterday for a bit because Chrysler's auto strike meant the parts for my PT Cruiser got stuck in Denver, and we couldn't drive it. The parts got there this morning and they hustled and got it done just in time for us to go to the appointment (although it's still making noises ... just not the really bad ones). The Exploder is just not a happy car and we didn't want to take it to SLC. Hubby was s'posed to go with me, but something happened at work this morning with some other Tongans being horrible to him (he doesn't speak Tongan but he understands it, but they figured it was okay to bad mouth him and call him horrible names in Tongan because he wouldn't understand). It caused a bipolar crash of course, so he wasn't sure he could go but in the end, he went with me, even if he was a Grumpy Wumpuss the whole time.

Took Munchkin to my SIL's and then hubby and I grabbed sandwiches at Arby's and headed for the hills ... er, Sandy to the heart doc. Their Sandy office is sooooooo much closer than the one at LDS Hospital, and it wasn't nearly as busy, so we got done a LOT faster. I think we were there for 3 or 4 hours last year, but we were done in about 1-1/2 hours this year.

My heart is fine. Everything is good except my lipids, which they told me not to be on the meds last year since they can cause birth defects and we're hopeful we might get pregnant some time this milennium. They haven't checked them since then, but whatever. They just encouraged lifestyle modification, and the doctor (who is so cute my mom has a crush on him) said he hopes next time he sees me I'm holding a little baby. lol.

So, I brought hubby home and, well, he was still being a stinker, so I left and picked up Munchkin. On my way over to SIL's, I called the dealership again and the guy said, "bring it in and we'll do a test drive so we can hear what you're hearing." And then my PEPSI (which I wasn't s'posed to be drinking, but only had a few hours of sleep last night) exploded all over me and the car, so I called him back and said I'd come another time and then went to my SIL's. Cleaned up the car and myself a bit, and then every time I tried to leave, she brought up something we needed to talk about. So I was there for a couple hours. I love her, don't mind spending time with her, and I was hoping it would give hubby a chance to get some good sleep before we got home. Not the case. Took Munchkin to Wienerschnitzel for chili cheese fries (wasn't s'posed to eat them either -- NOT a good day), and when I got home hubby was still watching anime instead of sleeping. Mind you, he didn't sleep much yesterday and he didn't sleep at all today, and he had less than 5 hours before he was s'posed to leave for work. We sort of got into a tiff but he did go to bed. I'm gonna go snuggle up to him in a minute.

BEFORE the car and the heart doctor, I had my auntie do a foot treatment on me. It's like reflexology, only different. And it hurts like mad, not soothing like a foot rub. I don't think I've had one done since before Munchkin was born. After Munchkin was born, she was having problems with constipation and her meconium never really came all out, and she was really jaundiced. Had auntie do a treatment on her when she was a month or so old, and her next poop was the rest of the meconium. She still had some constipation, but she was a lot better after that. So on me today, basically, if you believe all that stuff, most of my organs are not functioning right, and my fallopian tubes aren't normal -- one was blocked and the other was "mushy" and sort of flat, so even though sperm can get through them, the fertilized eggs are having a hard time getting back down, especially in time to implant. She's very surprised I haven't had an ectopic pregnancy yet, and it explains why nothing is implanting. My thyroid is basically inactive ... my digestive system is sluggish ... lotsa stuff. So she said with the antiestrogenic diet I'm working on, and exericising, and getting a foot treatment every week, in about 3 months I should be functioning a lot better and can then try for pregnancy. I've been really emotional all day and obviously turned to comfort foods, but it could have been much worse. So yeah. There's my day.

Gonna go snuggle and have a nap or something, then either take hubby to work and get to work myself, or let him go to work and then work myself. *mwah*

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

I know a lady who does that foot thing. Heck, maybe *I* should get it done. Tried everything else.

stewbert said...

My aunt is really good ... I was actually just thinking yesterday maybe you should get it done.