Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Infertility

Saw the midwife this morning. She's a certified nurse midwife (CNM) who works in an OB/GYN office attached to a hospital. I really like her -- my mom really likes her, hubby likes her but says it's most important I feel comfy with her.

We talked about the past 8 months of TTC (trying to conceive). They don't think I'm truly ovulating every month since the my stripe on the hormone test strips isn't as dark as the control stripe, so I'm probably surging, but not enough to trigger ovulation every month. She wants me to try Clomid for one cycle and see what happens, and if I'm not pregnant by the time my December period is due, I'm s'posed to go back in for testing. I'm comfy with that plan. I haven't told hubby the plan yet since he's finally sleeping. I'll tell him later.

I didn't tell her what Auntie Voodoo said about my tubes or anything, and I don't intend to tell Auntie about the plan with the Clomid. Auntie Voodoo told me to wait a few more months, but the longer we wait, the more urgent I feel like we're not supposed to be waiting. BUT because I'm too late in my month to start the Clomid this month, she has a few more weeks to do her majick before I take the Clomid.

And as DisGrace put it, maybe it'll get me twins and I can be done being pregnant that much sooner, and I'm comfy with that too -- Boy howdy it'd be hard, but I'm so ready to have a baby ...

I don't intend to really get into to much detail on the blog about this every month, but wanted to post the plan for now for all who are curious. There ya go.

2 comments:

steph k said...

Ha... so this just made me think to myself "I know how Stewie's going to end up with 5 kids!!"

Anyway, my co-worker just told me that they're pregnant with Twins. It's a bit of a shock since they just barely started trying and thought it would be a few months. Apparently she yelled at her hubby and told him it was all his fault. But today she's better.

Love you! It'll happen. :)

stewbert said...

LOL. Yeah. Clomid. heheheh.

Oh geeze ... glad she's better today. :)

Thanks.