Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Friday Fave Five!!!

*snort* made you look. It's Tuesday/Wednesday, but I'm in a mood.

1. Sinus Rinses. MONTHS ago, maybe even a year ago, I was looking up a product for a report I was typing, and thought, "I should try that." I even told DisGrace about it, who bought it and has been using it. I never did anything about it ... until now. I bought it yesterday when I was at the pharmacy picking up my BBT thermometer, and used it this morning and tonight. It is so nice to be able to BREATHE. I can breathe deeply through my nose for the first time in recent memory, AND I didn't have to take any allergy meds today. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It is weird to do, but oh my stars ... I'm sure I'll post again whether it gets better, worse, or stays the same. But for now, I can BREATHE!!!

2. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They are oh, so good, but evil.

3. Warm socks and a space heater. Office is cold.

4. My SIL in Japan is still alive. She's having really serious complications with her pregnancy, but so far she and the baby are both still alive. She's still in the hospital even as I type.

5. Hubby has been helping around the house again. GO HUBBY!



I have the funniest kid ever. She's going to be my WoW toon for Halloween. Try explaining that to A) A third grade class whic has never heard of WoW, B) Your in-laws who don't know you play because they *hate* videogames, C) Your friends who also hate WoW and don't know you play, and D) Random people in the grocery store asking her what she's going to be.

I told her to tell them all she's a witch ... wearing red and white robes, a black pointy hat, carrying a wand, and holding a black cat. The thing is, it's Halloween in WoW, and they celebrate by doing fun things ... My toon now has a pointy hat and a Siamese cat and rides a broomstick. She's always had a wand. Close enough, right? GAH.

8 comments:

evitafjord said...

"2. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They are oh, so good, but evil."

The thought of this makes me want to vomit even more than the stomach bug that Emily was nice enough to share with me. My fave for today: Soft bed and hopefully cooperative children - after I get done with this report.

stewbert said...

LOL. They're like pumpkin choc chip cookies that are sold all over the grocery stores in UTAH of course.

Hope you get some rest!

steph k said...

Are those the cake mix/can of pumpkin ones? I've only had them as cookies.

anyway, NOW the picture makes sense...

evitafjord said...

ew.

stewbert said...

Noooooooooooo ... I don't make them that way, but I hear those are good too. Guess I'll be posting a recipe.

evitafjord said...

I just can't make that combination work - chocolate? and pumpkin?

stewbert said...

Try the recipe, dear. It's yummy. I promise.

steph k said...

you aren't the only one though... I have a friend with the SAME chocolate/pumpkin aversion... HE'S never tried them either.