Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Saw the midwife this morning. She's a certified nurse midwife (CNM) who works in an OB/GYN office attached to a hospital. I really like her -- my mom really likes her, hubby likes her but says it's most important I feel comfy with her.

We talked about the past 8 months of TTC (trying to conceive). They don't think I'm truly ovulating every month since the my stripe on the hormone test strips isn't as dark as the control stripe, so I'm probably surging, but not enough to trigger ovulation every month (which could be another reason I don't feel pregnant every month!). She wants me to try Clomid for one cycle and see what happens, and if I'm not pregnant by the time my December period is due, I'm s'posed to go back in for testing. I'm comfy with that plan. I haven't told hubby the plan yet since he's finally sleeping. I'll tell him later.

I didn't tell her what Auntie Voodoo said about my tubes or anything, and I don't intend to tell Auntie about the plan with the Clomid. Auntie Voodoo told me to wait a few more months, but the longer we wait, the more urgent I feel like we're not supposed to be waiting. BUT because I'm too late in my month to start the Clomid this month, she has a few more weeks to do her majick before I take the Clomid.

And as DisGrace put it, maybe it'll get me twins and I can be done being pregnant that much sooner, and I'm comfy with that too -- Boy howdy it'd be hard, but I'm so ready to have a baby ...

I don't intend to really blog much detail about this every month, but wanted to post the plan for now for all who are curious. There ya go.

4 comments:

MamaBear said...

you CAN get progesterone supplements. if you think you're progesterone deficient, some practitioners will test on suspicion; others make you miscarry first. *eyeroll* i would expect a midwife to be more receptive to suspicions.

so they test you on a certain cycle day (cd), and then if you're deficient, you take progesterone from the day of BFP, or a certain cycle day; i'm not sure. gotta friend who got twins on clomid and kept them with progesterone, now 22 weeks!

now i understand the organic thing, too. :p

stewbert said...

When I see her next (probably Dec, unless I get a BFP next cycle), I'll talk to her about the progesterone stuff.

Bobbie said...

After 3 miscarrages the doctor put us on Progesterone suppositories till I was past my 12th week with number 4. I wasn't testing with any kind of lack there. A lot of doctors claim the progesterone doesn't help at all but I have a hard time thinking it didn't help when we were finally able to keep this one! We are now almost 24 weeks.

stewbert said...

Hm ... maybe I'll go get an OTC cream then ... Thanks Bobbie! I do read your blogs, and am glad to know Uno is doing well!