Thursday, October 4, 2007

Parent Teacher Conference

Had PTC with Munchkin's teacher last night. I was in a bad mood when I left, an even worse mood when I walked up to the table and another mom RAN to get there first, swiped the sign-in paper, then slapped the table and sat down hard in the chair saying, "We have a LOT to talk about," and when I was finally able to yank the paper away from her and sign it then take a vacant chair in the waiting area, a couple came and sat next to/on me and the husband kept getting up and down and every time he did, the wife hip-checked me to make room for her toothpick of a husband. Yeah, not conducive to a good PTC, right?

Well, Munchkin is a little angel this year apparently. Of course, her teacher being one of my high school friends and me being volunteered to be head room mom might have something to do with that -- Lark behaving better and the teacher viewing her through rose-colored glasses so she won't have to call me for any bad behavior ... hahaha. Munchkin is polite, settles down when the teacher asks her to, hasn't beat up any kids (whew), and is doing VERY well in school. She is missing 3 or 4 rather large assignments and still has an A and two A-'s (reading/english/written is the A, and spelling and math are the A-'s). With this being the first year for letter grades, she's rather pleased with herself. Her teacher was pleased as well and assured me that if math is where Munchkin struggles (and it is), then we have nothing to worry about since she's one of the top students in the class.

Now that's a PTC I would go to again, and I left in a much better mood than the one I was in when I arrived.

And yeah, I'll be calling THAT mom to take care of some stuff I don't want to do. hahahahah.

6 comments:

evitafjord said...

Why can't I comment?

evitafjord said...

Oh sure, now it works.

Cupcake said...

You're nice I would have done something to stop the hip check woman.

evitafjord said...

That's an annoying (for the parents) way to do PTCs. We have appointments. The kids don't get out of school for conferences, we meet during teacher prep time. I remember my mom going to that round robin kind, but I think it was junior high and up when I had multiple teachers and then they could pick and choose which ones to go visit with.

This year they did away with teacher inservice days off too - they get out 2 hours early today instead - so that they can count it as a full day and still get out before the end of May even though the state decided that everyone had to move their start dates later.

stewbert said...

I kept moving over and ended up half on Munchkin's chair. I knew I wasn't in enough control of my emotions to say a word to the woman -- I might have slugged her had I said anything.

I wish we had appointments. So annoying. We only have two: Fall and spring. They "let" the kids go to the first one, but not the spring one. I didn't want to take her but hubby was also having a bad day ... and needed some alone time. Well guess what buddy??? I'm playing with the girls tonight! thbbbbbbbbbbbt.

I think my parents quit going to this stuff long before I hit junior high ...

ADDollhouse said...

Go Munchkin! Figures. She IS a smart kid (one of my fave kids).

But So many parents are worse than their kids, maturity wise.