Friday, October 26, 2007

Garlicky Goodness

So, I've been eating very well lately, aside from the chocolate pumpkin massacre. Fruit, veggies, chicken, fish. No red meat in the house. The last few days, I have been absolutely craving it. Oranges and apples and lettuce only stick for so long, y'know?

We had a steak in the freezer. I made it, ate it with brown rice and brown gravy. I even shared some with hubby.

Two days later (today), I'm still craving RED MEAT and wanting grease and garlic in the worst way. I've never had cc's recommended garlic burgers, but man, they sounded good. So I went to the store today -- garlic, red meat, whole wheat hamburger buns, tomatoes, mushrooms ... and since I'd promised hubby I'd use the avocadoes in the fridge instead of letting them go to waste, I made guacamole -- mashed avocado, lemon juice, salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, a little fat free sour cream. Then I diced the garlic, sauteed it in butter, tossed it in a bowl with the meat, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and mixed it all up. Made 4 giant burger patties and one small one, cooked thoroughly, topped with cheese and let melt. Sauteed the mushrooms in the garlicky pan. Sliced the tomatoes. Oh my gosh ... garlic burger with garlic mushrooms and garlic guac and a tomato slice ... we're all oozing garlic, but man ... I'm full and satisfied for the first time in DAYS. and Princess Picky said "yum!" to the burgers (hers was about one-third the size of ours on half a bun), and she ate the whole thing without arguing or complaining), then stuffed herself silly with guac and chips.

Yum.

Last night, I made a huge salmon filet (topped with melted butter, lemon seasoning salt, dill, parsley, and lemon juice, then broiled). That was good, too, even if I wasn't completely satisfied after dinner like I am right this minute!!!

No comments: