Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Houey

Made an appointment a couple weeks ago for our poor car to get checked out at the dealer since it's making not-good noises. Boss lady called a mandatory conference call for tomorrow. At the exact same time I'm s'posed to be at the dealership. Hopefully hubby really takes the car in.

Conference was good -- not that I remember much of it now. My niece and nephew slept over Saturday night, and they were pretty good, but about an hour after hubby went to bed Sunday, their parents came over and everyone started yelling and my brother-in-law POUNDED on our bedroom door. I was upset, but BIL is hubby's friend, and I just figured he wanted to see him. Hubby didn't come out, but I sure heard about it that night. They finally left. After I put kiddo to bed, he got all snuggly with me, but something happened that set off an argument, and we were up until 5 a.m. arguing. GAH. I hate nights like that, but y'know, now I know why I don't remember much of conference this time.

It's like as soon as I start to feel the Spirit more and start to get more determined to live the way the Lord has told us to, Satan sticks his big fat nose into my life and marriage and, well ... tries to destroy us. He's so annoying.

Let's break his kneecaps.

I tried to dye my hair today. Yeah, didn't work so well -- I thought the black dye from before had faded and gone away enough to try something lighter, but I was oh so sadly mistaken. So, my roots are the shade I wanted to about 2 or 3 inches, and then the hair is still dark and not anywhere close to the other. BUT I found my hairdresser's phone number (in my cell phone of all places) so I'm calling her tomorrow.

I'm also calling the midwife tomorrow as I am NOT pregnant and she said to come in if we were having problems getting that way. Well. We are. And not because of fighting most of the time ... That's probably the worst fight we've had in a really long time. *sigh*

I sure love him though. And he loves me, so I think we're a happy family ...

PS, I forgot! We watched Blades of Glory with Jon Heder and Will ... *blank out* from Elf ... and Bewitched ... Anyway, we watched that Saturday night. It was HILARIOUS, but had a lot of inappropriate humor (jokes about sex addiction, gays "they're making ice skating even gayer than it already is", incest, etc.). If you're sensitive to that stuff, I wouldn't recommend it. But Jon Heder was very good and even though he did have a scene in blue briefs (*snort*), he didn't swear, he did speak Japanese (he went to Japan on his mission), and he wasn't the one feeling someone up. AND they were totally making fun of that movie about the hockey player becoming a figure skater starring DB Sweeney. Not that I can remember the name of THAT movie, but I remember having a huge crush on DB. LOL. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

I gotta get to work.

7 comments:

evitafjord said...

I first read that as an appointment to take your CAT in for not-so-good noises.

Sorry for the suckage. Conference was good, what I have watched so far. I have it all (minus PH session of course) DVRd to watch this week while I fold laundry, etc. We watched most of Sunday and I watched about 1/3 of Saturday. I heart conference. I've always liked it, but now I think I appreciate it more and I love having it DVRd so that I can pop it on whenever I need a pick-me-up.

evitafjord said...

Of course, one of the main reasons I like conference is the same reason I like working from home ;-).

stewbert said...

hahaha ... no cats. nephew and mom would never come over 'cuz they like breathing.

oooo ... there's a good reason for an upgrade on the DVD player ...

yeah. I concer. PJ's at work, PJ's at conference ...

evitafjord said...

The Cutting Edge. One of my favorites of all time. I can watch that movie any time (which is basically how I determine that something is my fave - I have a low tolerance for watching movies more than once).

I really wanted to like Blades of Glory, but both David and I fell asleep during it (at home) and never tried again because the parts we saw were unfunny. Perhaps we should try again. I love both Will (Ferrell) and Jon Heder. I'll add it to the Blockbuster queue.

Will Ferrell movie I probably shouldn't admit that I loved - Talladega Nights. Or maybe I should just not admit which parts made me laugh the hardest.

It's 4:14 in the morning. I need to sleep but I'm so bloated it hurts lol.

stewbert said...

ooo, thanks.

Hubby doesn't watch them more than once, either, unless it's animation.

May BoG is one of those movies you have to be in the mood for.

I didn't watch Talladega.

ADDollhouse said...

Tooooooe Piiiick!

And I licked Blades of Glory too, though it was pretty bad, it was also pretty hilarious.

stewbert said...

Yeah. Parts of it were BAD ... lol.