Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Fave Five!

1. Shopped some good grocery sales today and we are set for a little bit. Didn't do quite as well at staying in budget, but we were out of a lot of stuff. Like toilet paper. And the husband begged me to go back to Costco and get the kind he likes instead of the stuff I found on sale, which wasn't bad or thin or anything, just not what he wanted. Done. He loves me again. (not like he ever didn't, just saying.)

2. Had a horrible day Wednesday and found out our refi isn't going through after all. But we think we can pay off the car with our tax return and save some money there, waiting to trade it in for a van until the extended warranty is about out. So that's a good thing.

3. I got most of the laundry put away today and it is almost all caught up being washed/dried. That is a win any day of the week.

4. The husband told me the reason he hasn't been eating the fruit I buy that he requests: I put it in the fridge so it doesn't go bad as fast, but that makes his teeth cold. Grabbed a glass bowl out of the counter, put the fruit in it, and it's disappearing. Way to not waste money.

5. Little Mister is getting more vocal and easier to understand. Except for the 15-minute "mad at mommy" baby cursing episode tonight when I put him to bed. And I'm glad I didn't understand any of that. But he says things like cookie, cracker, go-go, please, juice, "switch" (his code for nursing), "my-my" for night-night and bye-bye, and bite (a new word for him meaning he wants some of whatever food or drink you are consuming). He's also learned that saying "No!" and waving his hand or shaking his head are sufficient ways to let us know he doesn't want whatever we're eating or doing instead of screaming his head off. Much more pleasant.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That's funny about the cold fruit.

Jules AF said...

Hey, toilet paper is IMPORTANT. I only like a certain kind myself.

kadyb said...

Husbands and toilet paper. It's a wonderful thing. Mysterious but wonderful.