Thursday, January 31, 2008

Headaches

So, I had 3 migraines last week, probably triggered by the pregnancy hormones. I had Auntie Voodoo do a treatment on Saturday night and was headache free after a couple of hours. Until today.

This morning, it started as a dull ache in the back of my skull and escalated over several hours, even having another treatment. I ended up sleeping it off for a couple of hours after I cried and made hubby and kidlet slave over me (lol). Got up feeling 100% better.

Then I had some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Headache returned within 5 minutes just as bad as it was before I slept.

I realized today's headache wasn't preceded by any visual auras or disturbance, whereas my usual migraines are. I was eating chocolate just before it started, too, and when I had a bit more later (been craving it since last night), the headache intensified.

I think I'm sensitive to chocolate now -- at least while pregnant. I'm not going to have chocolate again for a good long while, if ever. I'm in too much pain. Owell, it'll help me not get fatter during the pregnancy, right?

No comments: