Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cravings. Pregnancy Cravings.

You know those stories about the pickles and ice cream, and the wife sends the hubby out to get it or she's going to kill him? Yeah. Only I can't send DH out to get it right now because his meds for his bipolar are making him dizzy, so we have to go see the doctor next week again for that.

At any rate, I've had the weirdest cravings since I got pregnant, before I even knew. I'm still just barely pregnant (8 weeks, 1 day today), and the baby has taken over my body. I never had them like this with kiddo. Hostess lemon pies one night, sure. But NOTHING like this.

At first, it was mildish. French's fried onions, right out of the can. Ate some in bed one night while watching a movie when DH was at work. He wasn't too happy about the crumbs. Cherry pie filling. Wanted it out of the can, but made a dessert instead. Twice. And I shared them both with DH. And one night I did send hubby out at 11:30 at night for a Whopper because I needed MEAT. (this was before he had the med reactions). He brought home a double with fries and root beer and I ate it in about 30 seconds, handing him the last bite or two. He just stared at me. I ate so much meat that week -- pork roast, beef roast, steak ... I don't usually eat red meat much, so he was shocked. I just kept telling him it's his baby.

Last week sometime, I ate chili and whole wheat pancakes with syrup for breakfast. Chili in a bowl with cheese and fat free sour cream, pancakes on a plate, and never in my mouth at the same time, but I had to have them both.

Hawaiian pizza. Had a couple of pieces the other night at my sister's house because I've been craving pizza and that was the one choice I could actually eat. I had to buy one two days later and ate most of it myself over the next two days (hubby had a few slices) because I NEEDED that pineapple and can't eat pineapple unless it's been cooked more than once (it makes my throat swell shut if it's fresh or just canned, but on pizza, it's fine).

Rice and beans. Ordered a combo plate from the local Mexican place (Beto's) the other night. ALL I ate was the rice and beans. Couldn't stand the rest of it. In fact, I could eat a huge pile of both of these still and may go get some later. Hubby finished off the combo for me the next day since the smell of it in the fridge was making me nauseated.

Today, I HAD to have a PB sandwich. We'd run out of PB a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't want to stir up the new jar (I buy all natural PB from Adam's and it is separated when you get it, so you have to mix it and then refrigerate it). I made hubby do it for me. Made a sandwich with a little raspberry jam and downed it like it was candy or something. Not more than an hour later, I could smell MUSTARD and had to have it. Fried an egg, made a piece of toast, slapped some mayo and mustard on that puppy, folded it up and ate two bites. Gave the rest to hubby as the two bites fixed the craving and the tummy quit grumbling.

At least I've quit eating roasts by myself.

And the most bizzare thing? I haven't gained any weight. Strangely, hubby has. hahahaha ...

Okay, okay. I gained some weight on Clomid, and then later bounced up to 255 on a bad constipation day, but I've floated between 248 and 252 since then, depending on my constipation (which apparently the new prenatal the midwife gave me is helping with a bit ...). I had been floating around 250 from the Clomid, so yeah. Anyway. Some days I don't eat much. Or there was the day I ate a bag of cinnamon bears because that's all I could stand to put in my mouth. But hello, this had better get under control once my nausea goes away ... Hubby would really like it if I could cook at night, too, because he's had to make dinner a lot lately since that's when I'm sickest.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

All I wanted to/could stomach to eat for weeks was a jr. roast beef from Arby's. And a Turnover! I went through a whopper stage after that too. Ah the joys.

stewbert said...

hahahaha ... :) It'll be worth it!! At least, that's what I'm telling myself this morning while my stomach churns ...