Tuesday, January 8, 2008

How to Make Yourself Sick

Because of my heart condition, I have to take an antibiotic before every dental procedure. I take a LOT -- usually around 600 mg of clindamycin. It makes me extremely sick with an upset stomach because that is a HUGE dose of antibiotics.

My doctor's office called to tell me I have GBS that could be causing a UTI and I need to be on more antibiotics to prevent early labor, and gave me clindamycin 300 mg to take 1 pill three times a day for a week. Usually, one pill is fine and won't make me sick.

But I did my usual thing and popped two pills without thinking about it.

It's fun when you take the mega dose on top of morning sickness ... seriously. I've been so sick all day ... oy. I finally filled my Phenergan and will take it when I go to bed to combat the nausea.

On the same sort of note, hubby has had a zillion bad side effects with his meds for bipolar. We did finally get in to hubby's doctor today and got him a new prescription. Hoping this one works better for him and causes fewer side effects.

It better. It's more money.

And Monkey is getting glasses sometime this week.

Thank HEAVEN for good insurance and flexible spending accounts ...

SCATTERGORIES...it's harder than it looks! .
*Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following... *they have to be real places, names, things...nothing made up!
1. What is your name: Esther
2. 4 letter word: Evil
3. Vehicle: Exploder
4. A city: Evanston
5. Boy Name: Eric
6. Girl Name: Evelyn
7. Alcoholic drink: Everclear
8. Occupation: Entrepreneur
9. Something you can wear: Eyeshadow
10. Celebrity: Eric Estrada
11. Food: Enchiladas
12. Something found in a bathroom: Emergency supplies (first aid kit, etc)
13. Reason for being late: otherwise Engaged
14. Cartoon character: Elmer Fudd
15. Something you shout: ENOUGH!!!
16. Animal: Emu
17. Body part: Eyebrow
18. Word to describe you: Emotional

1 comment:

ADDollhouse said...

I am ME. I do NOT need help making myself sick! hee hee!