Saturday, January 19, 2008

My WAY fun Friday night

First, I couldn't fall asleep until around 11:40. Dunno why. I'd had a Wendy's frosty attack earlier and had eaten dinner there (everything else sounded vomitous), then finished working by 11. Just ... couldn't sleep.

Later on, some BUTT was yelling under kiddo's room and woke her up, then TWO butts got in their cars outside her windows and had engine contests, roaring them, squealing tires, honking horns. Did I mention this happened around 2 a.m.? She settled into bed with me and we both fell asleep. Then around 2:30 the doorbell rang. For the first time in her life, when I told her to stay put and NOT answer the door with me, she stayed put. Went downstairs and saw a police car out our downstairs window, looked out onto the porch, and it was 3 policemen. When I answered the door, I said, wow, there's been a racket tonight. They told me that our nextdoor neighbor had called the police about the noise (but apparently didn't write down plate numbers), so they were looking throughout the building for the BUTTS. Of course, they didn't say BUTTS, they said whoever was responsible. They asked if it was us, if everything was okay at our house, and I said, "No, we're okay. It woke up my 8-yo, and my DH is at work ... " We chatted for a minute, said good night, then locked the door again.

Went back upstairs and Monkey was WIDE AWAKE because she was terrified. We tried to sleep until about 2:45, but couldn't, so I let her put a movie on and got snacks for both of us. I was just dozing off when I heard the police leave (their car was underneath our bedroom window, which lines up with the downstairs window that I'd seen their car outside of earlier). Yeah ... She watched The Incredibles and then wanted to watch it again. NO, I made her go to sleep around 4:30, then kicked her out at 5:30 when she did something that woke me up. Hubby came home at 6:15, and I couldn't fall back asleep until 7:15 ... Then she came in at 7:45 and said she was up, and I said, "that's nice." At 8:15, I finally dragged my butt out of bed and went to make her something to eat, but she was sound asleep. FUN, huh? I bet you wish you were me. ;)

We don't usually have these kinds of things in this complex -- for the most part, the neighbors are courteous and respectful, and if you ask them to tone things down, they do. Part of that is because most of the residents here own their homes (or pay the bank for them). We think the folks responsible are some renters who do get rowdy on occasion but NEVER like this ... Hoping the police figured out who it was and gave them tickets or something.

BTW, it's pretty embarrassing to answer the door with bed head and no makeup and tummy poking out and in your comfiest PJS when three cute police dudes are at your door. hahahahahaha. However, it's much nicer to live in a place where police don't know who you are because they know who your husband is because of his criminal record (like everywhere I lived with my ex). Score another point for my sweet husband. lol

As I told hubby this morning, the only saving grace is that the baby isn't here yet, so I didn't have an awake baby, an awake Kiddo, and an awake ME to get so grumpy. He laughed and said he was glad he's on graveyard shift. Minus a point for my husband. hahahahaa.

I'm s'posed to work 11 hours today on not much sleep. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

steph k said...

Wow! Now THAT is excitement!

ADDollhouse said...

Dang. Better not have that kind of fun too often. GEEZ.

stewbert said...

lol. Yeah, it really really sucked. I ended up sleeping for 2 or 3 hours on the couch earlier ... am so not hitting the mandatory OT this week ... *bad word*