Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WHAT is the POINT of a MIDWIFE? (RANT)

My spotting was still going yesterday, so I called the midwife's office yesterday. Twice. Left messages both times. I never did hear from them. The spotting slowed down a lot, looks like the last day of my period this morning, but I have had a bit of cramping. I called again this morning and told the receptionist what was going on and that they hadn't called me back yesterday. She got the nurses on the phone. The nurses said they never got my messages (BS) yesterday and then informed me that my MIDWIFE is no longer delivering BABIES and told me to go to the ER and then come in next week and see the OB. I'm just a bit pissed off. Because the OB she works with wouldn't discuss whether or not intercourse was safe for me (he got embarrassed when I brought it up!!!), I'm changing doctor's offices. I called an OB/GYN I'd seen about 10 or 11 years ago for an early miscarriage and he and his partners have delivered several of my nieces and nephews. I was crying of course, because this is REALLY stressful and when you're pregnant you want to cry all the time anyway. They've worked me in for an ultrasound this afternoon. I'll be changing my care to their office. I just really liked my midwife and am frustrated and upset that at my first visit with her, she told me she would deliver my baby, and now this. That wasn't that long ago, y'know?

I'll post later about the ultrasound.

No comments: