Saturday, March 1, 2008

Growing Up

BAH. I hate this computer.

Kiddo has decided to do a few things on her own this week to a month that she wouldn't have done before. She knows I'm sick and daddy's sick and she needs to help out. She still won't do the dishes or clean her room, but these few things have helped out a lot.

This morning, daddy and I were both sound asleep. She decided to make her own breakfast shake so she wasn't starving. If she's hungry at lunch or after school, she will find something -- if there are lean cuisines in the freezer she likes, she will heat them up. If not, she will look for hot dogs and heat one of those up.

The kicker for me was when I went in her bathroom this morning to refill the soap pump. She'd already done it.

It's kind of sad but also exciting to see her making these leaps in responsibility ... Love her to bits and would give her a hug and tell her so if she wasn't so afraid of getting my germs ...

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

awww... good girl!

kaje said...

wow... I hate filling the soap things. I'm impressed!

But I'm with you on how's it exciting yet sad to watch them grow up.