Friday, March 28, 2008

Typing test

89 words

Speed test


Okay, I type for a living. No surprise, right? But this tested me slower than other tests I've taken. The thing I didn't like about this particular test is that I usually keep my eyes moving along ahead of what I'm actually typing by two words, and it has a delay before new words come up where I had to start over every 10-15 words. Annoying. But whatever. Still better than a poke in the eye. ;)

*edited*

Speaking of pain ... I bought an epilator not too long ago. I am used to having certain places bare after my laser treatments, but the hair is all growing back, and with the baby, it's growing back FASTER in a lot of place. And I started to look like the bearded lady. Ew.

Like the Epilady from the '80s, it yanks hair out by the roots. UNLIKE the Epilady, it is not springs but little disks that act like tweezers, and it WORKS. My friend who was telling me about them didn't tell me they have a cheaper version ($20) at Wal-Mart, but that's okay. This one plugs in and has two speeds: One for fine hairs and one for coarse hairs. I used it on my face and belly the first day, first taking off fine hairs, then the coarse. Since I have had to tweeze my chin and other spots nearly every day for a very long time, I am planning on having to use it more often than the "6 weeks" they say you can go between and be hairless, but I know that it's just a matter of time before I can go a tad longer between.

Last night, I don't know what possessed me, but I did my underarms. The first 10-20 seconds was PAIN, and then the endorphins must have kicked in because it didn't hurt so much. I did make myself cross eyed though trying to see all the hairs in my own arm pits. and some of the little spots where the hairs (and their roots) yanked through did bleed (just like when I went to the salon for a wax before the wedding ...) But wow ... they are smooth ... but they do hurt a bit today. eep.

Went from Brazilian from the laser to a fur ball again (I know, way TMI). It's driving me crazy. I'm sure at some point I'll get up the guts to at least clean up the edges, but it'll take a lot of bravery ... and help from the man, because I can't even see down there ... there's a baby in the way. lol

Now that I've completely disgusted all of you with my hairiness and soon to be lack thereof, I shall get back to work. Mwah.

*edited again to add*
I retook the test. 99 wpm. that is much more better. lol. still not my best though ...

2 comments:

Katz said...

i took this test a few weeks ago. the same thing bothered me.

evitafjord said...

well, i got 22 wpm typing one handing while feeding the baby ;-) i'll have to try it later.