Wednesday, March 19, 2008

LOOK!!!

I had a bad day yesterday -- stressed about how messy my house has been, stressed about trying to sell it, stressed about moving while pregnant or, heaven forbid, after the baby comes ... I know it needs to be done, but I was really hoping Steph could buy the place. (I think she's getting a car instead, but it's cute!!!)

At any rate, I've been complaining about the mess, reminding hubby he said he'd help, asking for help, etc. Nothing happened. Well, his mom called to check on us yesterday and I told her I thought we were comign over on Sunday, and she said, "Oh, good! What do you want us to cook?" lol. I told hubby she'd said that and he said, "Tongan food! Octopus!" I told him I'd eat octopus if he helped clean the house. He got kind of upset and said that made him want to help less.

I went back to work, but very unfocused and distracted, and after my early shift ended yesterday, I just burst into tears. Hubby was like ... "What's wrong?" "I don't know." "Are you stressed about the house?" "Yes, but I'm trying not to be. And I'm trying not to be mean, but I know I am." So I went and laid down and cried some more and hid under a blanket (lol). A few minutes later, I heard him changing the dishwasher, and when I came out, he'd finished and was working on the living room. He actually got the living room cleaned up, and I worked on the bedroom while he was doing that. About an hour later, I hit my limit, but I got rid of two trash bags of stuff and put together two boxes of clothes for DI. There is still a LOT to be done, but I feel better. I'm going to try and tackle kiddo's room today.

At any rate, hubby was pretty grumpy about it, all things told, and I cried some more. "Please don't cry. When you cry for no reason it makes me crazy." lol. I made myself stop crying, and then he went to work and I went to bed after my late shift. When he came home this morning, he woke me up and gave me a kiss as usual then left the room, but I could tell something was up. Didn't know what. So I came out of the bedroom and gave him a hug and asked if he was upset with me. He said no and seemed okay, so I just went back to bed. He came in an hour or so later and woke me up again, and we cuddled for a bit. Kiddo woke up and came in to say hi and have prayer, and then I got up. Came in my office, and LOOOOK! what he'd put on my office chair! Now I know why he was being weird: He was being sneaky! He wrote me a very sweet note, too. I cried again and went back in the bedroom and said thanks. He knew why I was crying that time, so it didn't freak him out so much. Hormones. Crying. Wooo.

I gotta get started or it's never going to get done. Have a happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

steph k said...

hump day!

man... I wish I could buy it too. lol. magically.

stewbert said...

LOL. :)