Saturday, March 29, 2008

Then WHY Sleep With Him?

Okay, I'm on a board for women due in August, like me. I hear so many of them complaining about so many aspects of their relationships with the father of their babies.

Like for instance, one has told her multiple times (even before they got pregnant) that he didn't love her that way and knew he would never marry her. Guess what? She's now pregnant, still desperately in love with him, and still sleeps with him, even though he doesn't love her. And guess what else? Several other women have said they've faced similar problems with the FOB in their lives, too. WHY sleep with him then? WHY sleep with him after he's said so? WHY keep sleeping with him when you have a baby to think of, not just yourself? This is how we get all of our babies born to different daddies and then wonder why we are miserable. (Okay, I know my second is being born to a different daddy, but we are married ...)

Men don't turn down sex offered by a woman unless they have religious reasons to do so, I've learned. Or if they're gay. So this is a huge problem for a lot of women: Their emotions are tied up in the act. The men's aren't. And the man who DOES love you, WILL take no for an answer and will STILL love you.

Just another reason abstinence is best until marriage. Hello.

I can't rant about this to them; that would be cruel. They can't change the fact that they are knocked up now. I just needed to express my frustration somewhere. GAH. Keep the pants on girls and you won't have this heartache ...

That being said, this is not directed to anyone who reads my blog or I know IRL. This is just directed at those girls sleeping with FOB who doesn't love them (some of them sleep around, too, and still sleep with FOB. Hello, STDs???). I know crap happens, especially when you love each other so much and have been there before ... Boy howdy, do I know this. I can't imagine what would happen if, God forbid, anything happened to my sweet husband ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'd be insane.

Anyway. This all led to yet another discussion with kiddo. I want her to know the right time (after marriage, preferably a temple marriage) and place (not in a parking lot afterward), but I also want her to be able to protect herself from STDs and pre-marriage babies. We talked about how sex creates a bond between you and the other person, and that God intended it that way, so it's really important not to abuse it and to do things his way. But if we choose otherwise, we dang well better use protection. lol. She still thinks it's all gross, but she's willing to talk with me at least ... hahahahaha.

2 comments:

evitafjord said...

"I want her to know the right time and place (after marriage, preferably in the temple)"

okay, off the point, but the way I read this made the meaning more like "the right time (after marriage) and place (preferably in the temple)." which I have to say I'm pretty sure they frown on.

stewbert said...

thbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt. yeah, i'm pretty sure they frown on that too.