Thursday, February 28, 2008

What a day

I'm sick -- have the flu ... got sick last night while working my second job ... thanks for the tummy issues, dear husband. lol

The new job is going all right -- there were technical and user issues the first night, but I think it went better last night, even if I'm still pretty slow ... I still got more lines per hour last night than I did at the old job yesterday. Hoping the speed picks up quickly. Need to log in over there and check out my email and see if I have any feedback.

Here are things I love about the job: I don't get 100+ emails every day about things that don't apply to me (one of the biggest time wasters at my old job). They call me if I email them with a problem and help get it fixed *right then*. My new boss is a complete sweetheart as are her assistants. They pay maternity leave, but only if you get pregnant while you work for them (bummer). Here's the thing, though. They pay it to moms and dads who work for them -- 4-8 weeks, depending on a few factors. So if a man worked there and his wife got pregnant, they'd pay him maternity leave. I don't feel icky when it's time to work -- I want to work extra and am motivated to work. That right there says a lot, no?

I know it's going to take a bit longer than I'd wanted to get up to speed, so for now, I may just keep both jobs. I'm in the second trimester and mostly feeling better, although being sick sure isn't helping. I called off the first job today so I can rest up (and spend time in the potty ...) but I am going to hop over there a bit later and try and get a couple extra hours in -- they were asking for help on an account and said if we worked over our shift on that account they'd pay lines and a half. Seriously. I used to just get paid my base rate to jump around 10-15 different accounts all day. ROCK ON!!! lol Even though I'm sick, I can't turn my nose up at that.

Their website is www.transtechmedical.com and if any of my MT friends/family apply there, I fully expect you to give them my name so I can get the referral bonus. :P

Kiddo is doing great -- actually letting me do her hair now and stuff. She's enjoying school and seems to have some really good friends. I know we'll all miss that when we move, but we really need to get out of the mortgage and other debt. And her favorite car is the Exploder. not the nice, new PT cruiser. The 1991 ford exploder ... lolol. She's hilarious. One of our plans is to sell the cruiser when we sell the house (or in a year, depending on small fry's next visit) and get a used minivan. It'll be interesting.

Hubby is doing great except for the flu bug. Bah.

I am going to see a neurologist today to talk about my migraines. Part of OB's recommendations since I've had so many since getting pregnant. Usually one a year, I've had 6-7 in the last 6 weeks or so.

Lastly, this is very cute. Korean kid singing Hey Jude.

2 comments:

steph k said...

I totally just listened to this song! He did a good job! hee hee.

I'm so excited for your new job too!!

ADDollhouse said...

"Ret her into your heart!" AWWW! I want a Beatles singing baby complete with props!