Thursday, March 27, 2008

Migraines

So, I had a typical migraine a couple weeks ago, starting with sparkly flashy lights and numb skin then progressing to intense pain, so I took some tramadol and Tylenol and a nap. The ones triggered by food, noise, light, or scents just start with the pain. That's the kind I had Sunday at church.

When I got up this morning to make breakfast and take Munchkin to school, the first thing I noticed was those same dang sparkly flashy lights blocking my vision. They'd be pretty if I didn't know they were a precursor to a heckuvalot of pain.

Told hubby a migraine was coming on and that I was missing half my visual field and he'd need to take kiddo to school (that part only lasts 20-30 minutes, but then I go numb and then the pain hits, so it's not safe for me to drive during these), took my pills, and then I made breakfast. I also threw some beans in the crockpot that I'd soaked last night. After he got back from dropping her off, I slept in her bed for a couple hours. Woke up feeling tons better, but the throbbing eye keeps coming back every few hours. *sigh*

Talked to the neurologist yesterday about them again, and then mentioned a tremor I've been noticing about the last year or so. He said it's an essential tremor and would get worse during pregnancy (like the migraines) but would go away after the baby is born, until I get older. His advice? "Don't get older. Try and have a birthday every 5 years instead of every year." I laughed and laughed.

Anyway. I am doing rather well most of the time. Sometimes it's hard to go up and down the stairs much, especially when the baby is lying low and across my pelvis or when I'm having Braxton-Hicks contractions (practice ones, don't freak out). They're not painful but can be fairly uncomfortable at times.

And I'm still working on cleaning the house. Hubby and Munchkin have been helping a lot more, so that's good too. When hubby got home from work this morning, he was like, "You CLEANED again!" lol. I vacuumed and picked up junk after he went to work last night. And cleared out part of our room, which I'd been planning to do anyway. So yeah, it's coming along. Woohoo!

2 comments:

kaje said...

Gosh! when you figure out how to stop aging - let me know!

stewbert said...

hahahaha ... if I do, you betcha.