Thursday, March 13, 2008

GIRL TIME!

Never underestimate the power of the girl.

Went to the temple with Steph and Prism. Had to rent a tent to wear since my temple dress would not do up around the baby. Stopped at the distribution center, talked to Hyz on the phone for a minute (thanks again for thinking of me!), and then they dropped me off and ran an errand (theBoy). Then they picked me up and we grabbed kiddo from school.

Late lunch at Rumbi Island, followed by HOURS of SHOPPING!! (and I totally wore the wrong shoes).

We started at Old Navy, and I got some cute stretchy T's that work with the belly, and a cute pair of maternity shorts. Thrilled about them. Got a couple of T's for kiddo, too, but she wanted EVERYTHING WE SAW. Oy. I only bought stuff that was on sale or clearance. Name of the game in my world these days. Steph got a couple of shirts and Prism got some uber cute jeans and a top. Next, off to Lane Bryant. Picked up 3 bras on clearance and used Steph's gift cheque, so they were el cheapo (thank you!!!) and Prism got a few more items of apparel -- cute capris and fun tops. Kiddo played in the bras and panties section while I was trying to find some, and decided it was a big girl store. She still wanted *something* so Prism volunteered to walk her to Ross to find a purse (the ones at LB were $20 on clearance. I don't think so). Turns out, there was a purse I *needed* at Ross, too, and we got something for Small Fry to maybe ship with her Easter stuff if her mother ever gets back to me on a shipping address ...

Steph and Prism picked up the car while we were in line to pay, and then we walked over to Best Buy to look for a keyboard. Hubby and I decided just to get a new one since the old one had some sticky keys (like SHIFT). It was $65 and online at RadioShack, the same one was $55. So we went over there. My feet were killing me, so I kept taking off my heels. RadioShack didn't have them in-store. We left -- I was really done, but Steph said, "Why don't we call circuit city?" So she gave me the number and i called. They had them in stock. On sale. For $40!!! She also gave me a gift card to help pay (Thanks again -- I totally owe you), and she picked up The Office. lol

By this time, 4 hours had passed since lunch, and we were all hungry again. So we drove up to our place and stopped at Wienerschnitzel after a debate on where to go (not aided in the least by kiddo insisting on places the rest of us didn't want to go to -- until we said Wienerschnitzel). Stopped there, called hubby when we were on our way in, and he was just leaving for work. He wasn't going to be late, so I begged him to stay until we got home so I could give him a hug and a kiss (I kinda missed him ... okay, I missed him a lot). He said okay, and we went in and picked up food. Got home, he ran down the stairs, Prism and Steph went up and we had a little family prayer and hugs (and a smooch after kiddo left), and then he went to work. Steph helped me get my new keyboard hooked up as we ate our grease-fest, and then we brought up all the shopping stuff ... and she reminded me downstairs to write her a check for the LB stuff, which completely slipped my mind when we actually got upstairs where the checkbook was. Derf. (I did write it out and will mail it tomorrow).

MAN, I hope the tax return really gets deposited tomorrow ...

THANK HEAVEN for the new keyboard. I typed faster and furiouser and got some good work done, but I am beat and my feet are screaming, so I'm going to bed. Hubby is supposed to take kiddo to the school in the a.m. for "Dads and Donuts," so if they are kind, I may get to sleep in a bit before working. I have 20 hours left to work this week, so I'll be putting in 10-hour days the next two, which will be so much easier to do with the keyboard that doesn't suck. Thanks for being persistent Steph, and thanks Prism and Kiddo for getting dragged all over creation for the shop-a-thon.

On another note, thanks to everyone who called/wrote about ocmputer parts (spare monitors and connectors). We will get the monitor thing figured out, but need a flat screen at the moment. That's why we're holding off and not worrying about it right this minute. We have plenty of the other kind of monitors and may end up taking it in my office and making room on my big desk for the other computer. We just have yet to figure it out and have had a lot of other stuff going on lately. So since he's gone to work, I'm quickly typing this up on his computer ...

Until the next time i can snag a few minutes on this thing ...

No comments: