Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Man, my blog is boring

Kiddo had a "play" tonight -- they did an abbreviated version of the Wizard of Oz but added dance numbers and stuff to get ALL of the third graders on the stage. It actually was done pretty well, and the teachers joined in, too. Kiddo's wore bunny ears and a pink tutu. We all laughed. The scarecrow did backflips across the stage, which I don't remember happening in the movie.

Work at the new job is pretty good. Need to get some done tonight, but was starving so I ate first. AND I needed to catch up on some blogs -- after I disassembled the old computer, I realized I can't check any blogs on my new work computer ... and the monitor on my PC died, so I have to fight hubby for HIS computer. There's a reason he got a second computer for his birthday last year -- he doesn't share well. We need a new monitor for the other PC so kiddo and I can use the other one sometimes. And the printer and camera are hooked to it and stuff ... so ... yeah. I also either have to buy a new ergonomic keyboard with a USB plug for the work comp OR get an adapter. We're pretty broke though since we were both out of work for a week or so. The keyboard they sent isn't ergo and the keys are super stiff, so it's killing me to type on it. Have to figure out something and soon. AND, I'll get to the bag tag once I get the computer mess figured out. I'm afraid mine is more boring than Steph's, Kip's, or Ehu's.

Aside from all of that, not much is going on. Hubby and I are both doing a lot better, although I had the weirdest migraine ever today. Started with a bit of pain in the morning and afternoon, and after I came home from the dress rehearsal, I was chilling on the couch reading Hairy Pooter 7 and some of the letters started to disappear. The visual auras (sparkly visual disturbances) really get in the way, but tip me off that I need meds to ward off worse pain especially since I can't have a shot in the butt right now. So I popped a tramadol the neurologist gave me and a couple of Tylenol. A couple hours later, the pain hadn't gotten too bad (in fact, it had lessened), but the skin on my left hand and left side of my face got all numb and tingly. Usually when that happens, I am in excruciating pain and just have to go to bed. The pain never hit so much, thankfully, so I was able to go to the play with hubby and kiddo.

And just in case you didn't know, I'm a good speller.


4 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

That's cute! And in that version did... like... Munchkins have tutus and bunny ears? Or just random Emerald Citi...ans?

oh and ps *I* am NOT a good speller but my BLOG is because, hello, I use FIREFOX which has a spell checker!

steph k said...

ha! you just have a smaller purse I think....

I HAVE and adapter!! It's at the folks' though... and I'm not sure where it is now, but I totally would have let you have it!!

stewbert said...

No, just the teacher had the ears and tutu. The other teachers wore other weird get up. The munchkins just wore regular costume-ish attire. It was fun.

Awww, Steph! Bummer.

evitafjord said...

i have 2 sitting on my desk, but they go the wrong direction - they are USB to PS2 :-( - since some old computer we had was running NT and so I couldn't use my USB keyboard with it unless I adapted it.