Sunday, July 15, 2007

Three-hour siesta

My husband. He is faaaaaaaaaaaabulous. The Tegretol seems to be evening him out some ... yay!!! But the Lexapro ... is a bad idea. Makes him agitated. So today, he was kind of grumpy at church, and I ended up having to take Munchkin out (like, physically had to pick her up and carry her out). He ended up coming home early, took his Tegretol early, and had a little bitty nap, then I came home and we talked for a few minutes. Then we went back.

After church, I brought the girls home and got them lunch, and when hubby got home, I said, "I need a nap, come hold me for a few minutes." He did. Then he went out, shut the door, and told the girls to leave me be. And I slept for three hours.

After my nap, I went to the living room with everyone and all three of them started talking at me at once and I got cranky. Hubby told the girls, "Mom has a bad headache, back off for a while and let her feel better." Well. About 5 minutes later, my head really DID hurt -- I didn't know I had a headache, but he noticed it because I only act that way when my head hurts (he mentioned this to me later). So I took some Excedrin. He helped me clean up the kitchen so I could make dinner, and that really helped, too. We all had dinner and as we were finishing up, a friend dropped by to take the girls for a walk and give us a break. Love her.

So we talked while they were gone. He said, "The three hour nap on Sunday seems to be what keeps you going the rest of the week, and if you don't get it, you end up sleeping more during the week." He's right. And I thanked him for helping with the kitchen and dealing with my grumpiness. There have been times in the past where I've been so grumpy, he's just put on his headphones and kept playing his videogame and left me on my own. Today, he was able to focus and say, "Hey, I love my wife and she needs help." And he followed through.

I'm crossing my fingers that the meds are helping and continue to do so. He told me he felt calmer and more mellow in a good way. And he said he likes our therapist and is glad he decided to go back. So those are all very good things. :)

When the girls got back, I chatted with DD for a while. And he put the kids to bed. I hugged them when I got back inside, and he was still in a pretty good mood, too. I sure love him. Awwwwww ... Yup, I'm still a gushy newlywed. *puke*

4 comments:

steph k said...

Aw YAY!!! That's so good (except for the headache).

Love ya! Thanks for the pep.... email. Hee hee.

stewbert said...

yw!!!! :)

ADDollhouse said...

Meds are so weird. Like how they work so well for one, not for another and then CHANGE, etc. Lexapro worked okay for me... but wasn't strong enough (it is basically half of Citrolapram... Celexa)... and now I am back on Celexa. But not QUITE on the right dose yet.

And then when I was on Zoloft it did NOTHING AT ALL for me... but saves my friend's LIVES.

stewbert said...

He od'd on Zoloft on his mission. Not going near that one. He needs something else though. Gah.