Friday, July 13, 2007

And the Ex finally calls back ...

The ex has been sick. We got antibiotics because we were so sick. She didn't. Guess what? She knew Small Fry was allergic to the -mycins, but didn't tell us. We only knew about the -cillins. So we put her on azithromycin (Z-Pak) and she started getting all itchy on the second day. Wasn't sure it was the drug, so I gave her one more dose the third day. Itching like mad. So I took her off of it. Gah. I made sure to ask if there was any other info I needed like that. Hopefully her "no" was correct. We got the flight info communicated and stuff, too. So I feel better about that.

Took DisGrace's older two Spawn to the store with Munchkin and Small Fry after we all went to Costco. DisGrace took Dizzy to the doc with her MIL and, well, I must be needing inpatient level of care since I said, "meh, I'm not working anyway, have to run errands, I'll just take them with me."

Ra is nearly 12 and very much a 'tween with a 'tude, but she also gets that being an older sister means putting up with the little ones wanting to do everything you do. When Small Fry kept whining about Munchkin copying her, Ra told her to knock it off. hahahahaha. Bru was actually very good, except when he wanted to talk to the older girls and they ignored him until he whined, and Small Fry snapped at him. I told her that he'd been trying to get her attention. "I didn't hear him." "I tried to get your attention, too." "I didn't hear you, either." Yeah. Not the best day for me coping with HER 'tude either.

*sigh*

Some days I want her to stay. Other days, I'm glad she's not. Today is one of the latter. I mean, I do want her to stay, but it's hard all around. Munchkin is used to me working at home and letting me do it, knowing she'll get my attention when I'm done. Small Fry isn't used to it yet, but she's trying. She's even changing the dishwasher (I gave her 50 cents today after she'd done it three times ... hehehe). I think another visit or two will help us all figure out our roles, but uh, for now ... I'm glad we're about halfway through the visit.

Hubby started Tegretol tonight. It's a mood stabilizer. In a couple of days, we add an antidepressant in the mornings. We're hoping this combats some of the issues he has with his bipolar depression. Unfortunately, he came home and told me he has to go in front of a review board next week about his job. He messed up a couple weeks ago, told his boss, and they had to scrap about 4000 packages. Other people screw up that bad or worse and don't 'fess up, which can lead to lawsuits and more food that gets thrown away. So his boss said to him today, "We want people like you to work here, people with integrity," but then threatened to fire him. Idiots. Owell. Whaddya do?

As a side note, I had my eyes dilated last night and examined in preparation for Lasik next week. They are *still* somewhat dilated and very light sensitive. Gah. And tell me how much sense this makes: My RX for eyedrops for one week after the surgery costs $69; my part of that was $45. My RX for nausea (which I do still get on occasion, just not as bad as I did when I was pregnant) costs $485; my part of that is $15. The eyedrops are a brand name, the antiemetic is the generic. So ... yeah. Still reeling from that drug bill today ... at least hubby's Tegretol was only $13 ... hahahahaha

1 comment:

steph k said...

haha.... sounds like fun. ;)