Friday, July 13, 2007

Prank calls and telemarketers

Wanna make telemarketers uncomfy? Try THIS.

My friend's brothers used to tell the telemarketers that their daddy had just died and would then sob hysterically before hanging up on them ... the calls significantly cut down after they started doing that ...

I was a telemarketer in a former life ... for a chiropractor. I called businesses and spoke to employers. I did NOT interrupt people at dinner. I did NOT insist "I just need a few minutes of your time ..."

The ONE THING I love about my unpublished, unlisted, VOiP phone number is that I *never* get telemarketing calls.

Hubby was a telemarketer before his mission. I forgave him for it and we got married anyway.

5 comments:

evitafjord said...

That was brilliant.

I used to work doing telephone surveys. People didn't seem to hate us quite as much ;-P.

steph k said...

I did customer service for angry scrapbooking ladies in Texas... does that count? LOL

stewbert said...

I vote inbound calls aren't really telemarketing. They're calling YOU.

evitafjord said...

Totally, it's much easier - though they do usually want you to cross promote something while you've got them on the line. With Sears it was laundry soap - who knew that Sears a)makes laundry soap, and b) will deliver to your house when you have a repairman coming out. (yep, I worked at the telecenter in south Provo).

stewbert said...

That's just crazy talk. Sears makes housecalls? hehehe