Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cinnamon "Toast"

So ... I made toast for myself for breakfast (and egg and ham -- needed protein, but now I'm sleepy). The kids both picked a box of cereal at the store yesterday, which they were supposed to have for breakfast today. After this, Small Fry is so on her own the rest of the day.

"Mom, what are you making? It smells good."

"Toast."

"Can I have some? With butter and cinnamon sugar?"

"Sure."

Buttered, cinnamon sugared it, told her, "It's done, come get it and eat."

She didn't.

A full hour later (I'm back to work in the meantime), "Mom, my toast is bread. It's all soft."

"It was crunchy when I told you it was done. Eat it anyway."

She choked down one slice and then got her 'tude back. I said, "Next time I tell you that your food is done, put your game down and eat it right then."

"Okay." followed by a heavy sigh.

Dang kids.

Munchkin, however, is eating her cereal. Praise be.

3 comments:

steph k said...

Oh gosh. Serves her right.

I personally LIKE my cinnamon toast that way.... soft... but still warm. lol

stewbert said...

yeah, it wasn't warm by that point either. heheheheheh

ADDollhouse said...

Now I'm in the mood for toast. But I HAVE no bread. Dang it all!