Monday, July 9, 2007

Flashes From the Funny Farm

Okay, so the other day, Small Fry said her mom told her to shave her underarms but she told her no, and I was like, "do you have hair there?" so she showed me. I didn't say anything, but got a razor out of my stash, handed it to her, and said, "go put this away." We made the kids have showers Saturday night, and she was all proud of herself when she came out. "Look Mom! I shaved and then put on deodorant and didn't even cut myself!" Her mom seemed upset that I actually got her to wear a bra. Can't wait to hear about the underarm hair.

Laundry: When I'm working full time, I'm not the best housekeeper. I admit this fully. After my surgery when I was mostly recovered and only working part time, the house looked much better. But now? I don't get the laundry put away at once, my kitchen is a wreck right now, the office is the messiest room in the house right this moment, etc. If the kids don't get the laundry in the hamper, it doesn't get washed. Period. That's my rule. So Small Fry has no clothes to wear because she didn't get them in the hamper. And she only brought like 3 outfits. To be fair, Munchkin has a zillion clothes, a lot of the handmedowns from cousins and others. I got out another hamper for Small Fry to use by herself so I can do her laundry separate from Munchkin's.

PMS: I finally started my period Saturday night. The cramps hit me that night and continued yesterday and with that and my rotten/PMS mood, I made Small Fry make dinner last night for her and Munchkin -- she made ramen. They could've had some leftover chicken, too, but didn't. Anyway, I was in so much pain yesterday, which an Aleve and two Midol weren't touching, I just kind of wandered around moaning. It just wasn't the best day. I asked Small Fry if her mom gets cramps with her periods (the lucky women don't), and she said she didn't know and had never noticed. So I explained that I get really bad cramps the first day of my period. She said her mom only has one-day periods. Can I shoot her yet? the mom. not the small fry. My PMS blew the roof off the house last night in conjunction with hubby's worst bipolar crash since we've been together. He's usually not mean to me, even when he's crashing, but last night ... oh my gosh ... horrible horrible night. I'm better right now, but I don't know how he is since he's at work.

Hubby and I both have mixed feelings about my period arriving, with both of us being both relieved and sad I'm not pregnant (I was 5 days late -- I think the miscarriage messed me up). It means I can get my eyes zapped next week (YAY!), but I am getting more and more baby hungry. *sigh* Hubby stopped at his parents' house on the way home from work Saturday and his dad started lecturing him about why people get married (to have babies) when hubby finally told them we'd had a miscarried. FIL said, "It's 7 times harder on the woman to get over that. You get home and take care of your wife." And kicked him out. hahahaha.

We decided the girls need to sleep in separate rooms and we are going to move my office into our bedroom, and Small Fry will then be sleeping in my office. I don't know how we'll do it once we do have a baby, but that's quite a ways away since we have to try to NOT get pregnant until January. So I cleaned up a huge part of the master bedroom last night after the cramps calmed down -- Small Fry helped. I'm going to have the kids both help me move the furniture around after lunch.

The good news is that I do still love my husband and our kids. We're okay. I'm just worn out and can't wait for my vacation next weekend.

4 comments:

steph k said...

aww... I love you and your family. You always manage to make thing work. ;)

stewbert said...

hehehe. Thanks. :)

ADDollhouse said...

Wait, so her mom said to shave her pits or not too? I am confused.

Anyway, you are handling this all AMAZINGLY well and are, as always, a SUPER MOM!

stewbert said...

Her mom told her to do it before but she wouldn't. I hand her the razor and she does it. She wouldn't wear a bra for her mom either, but she definitely needs one and is wearing one here.

Thanks BA. I don't feel like it sometimes, but I do appreciate the support and encouragement! :)