Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Even Toddlers Have Those Days

A note from Little Mister

When I woke up this morning, Mommy wasn't snuggling me anymore. I started kicking the wall. And hurt my foot.

Mommy let me go wake up Ha. That was fun. But when Mommy couldn't stay awake and told Ha to give me some breakfast, she wouldn't. She ate in front of me instead. Mommy yelled and she finally gave me some toast. I gobbled it up because I was starving.

We took Ha to school and she didn't say goodbye to me. Mommy had to make her come back to the car for a hug.

We came home so Mommy could put some eyes on or something before our next ride. I found a chopstick on the floor and stuck it in my mouth, then ran away from Mommy. Mommy tried to take it but I wouldn't let her. I tripped and choked myself and cried, and Mommy cried too. I don't know why SHE was freaking out; she didn't get hurt.

[note from Mom: He is just fine, though I was worried he'd punctured something with it when I saw him go down. Scary.]

Then we had to go to a boring place where a strange man looked at mommy's tummy and drew on her tummy with blue gel and stuck a machine on it. I don't know what they were doing, but the blue gel looked like fun. So as soon as the strange man left the room, I climbed up on his chair and got the gel down. Mommy put it back. I tried again, and the chair rolled out from under me! Mommy couldn't catch me and I landed on my face. My forehead, nose, and upper lip hurt bad. I cried and cried and cried, and when the strange man came back to talk to Mommy, she could barely hear him.

When we got home, I begged Mommy for a nap, but she ate something instead. At least she gave me a popsicle.

[Note from Mommy: His nose didn't swell up or start bleeding until we got home. But it was fine after his nap.]

After naps, I pulled a chair down on myself. And then I fell over and bonked my head into a box.

Mommy says it's one of those days where you just want to go back to bed and try again tomorrow. I am starting to understand.

Uh-oh, Mommy caught me on her desk again, playing with the computer. I bEt I'm in trOUBlE nOw.

2 comments:

kadyb said...

He did have one of those days, didn't he? Bummer. Glad he's mostly all right. His face will mend.

Kristina P. said...

He has an excellent vocabulary!